Started by 28Orot, June 06, 2016, 02:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

28Orot

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: 28Orot on June 06, 2016, 02:52:01 PM
Thats my baby here

Are you Asian and greater than 50 yrs old  :P

Anyway this is my commute car (yes the same exact color and hybrid ) 2015

This one I drive on the weekends and grocery getting (mine is 2012 and dark blue):

This one I share with my wife but she is the main driver (2015 C300 in blue also):

28Orot

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on June 06, 2016, 03:28:25 PM
Are you Asian and greater than 50 yrs old  :P

Anyway this is my commute car (yes the same exact color and hybrid ) 2015

This one I drive on the weekends and grocery getting (mine is 2012 and dark blue):

This one I share with my wife but she is the main driver (2015 C300 in blue also):

What  50 year old Asian? lol, this is Saul... you don't remember?

By the way cool cars

jochanaan

I've lived car-free for 20 years.  Every once in a while I drive friends' cars. 8)
Imagination + discipline = creativity

Hollywood

Quote from: jochanaan on June 08, 2016, 08:22:33 PM
I've lived car-free for 20 years.

Nice to see that I am not alone here. The last time I drove a car was back in Aug. 1995. Living here in Vienna, Austria you don't need a car because we have a great public transit system (which includes trams, subway, buses and trains).

The last auto I owned was my 1985 Ford Thunderbird which I sold back in 1991 before moving to Austria. But I do plan to move back to Los Angeles in the future and then I will have to get a car since it's a nightmare trying to get around L.A. without a car.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

71 dB

Quote from: jochanaan on June 08, 2016, 08:22:33 PM
I've lived car-free for 20 years.  Every once in a while I drive friends' cars. 8)
I've never had a car. My father had cars when he was young, before I was born. So I was taught to rely on public transportation, which is not difficult in Helsinki. In 1990 I got myself the drivers licence, but I did not drive until 2008 when my new employer DEMANDED me to drive to carry out tasks. Since I had never really drived, I was scared to drive and my employer paid some repeat lessons in a driving school. What I have drove the most in my work are three diffrent Nissan Vanettes. Those had to be fixed all the time and it is costly for the firm but that's how they wanna do it.  :)

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

The new erato

Quote from: 71 dB on June 10, 2016, 12:41:59 AM
I was scared to drive................What I have drove the most in my work are three diffrent Nissan Vanettes.
I can understand your fright.

71 dB

Quote from: The new erato on June 10, 2016, 02:03:13 AM
I can understand your fright.

The model our company has looks better than that but still...
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Hollywood on June 08, 2016, 11:05:38 PM
Nice to see that I am not alone here. The last time I drove a car was back in Aug. 1995. Living here in Vienna, Austria you don't need a car because we have a great public transit system (which includes trams, subway, buses and trains).

The last auto I owned was my 1985 Ford Thunderbird which I sold back in 1991 before moving to Austria. But I do plan to move back to Los Angeles in the future and then I will have to get a car since it's a nightmare trying to get around L.A. without a car.  8)

It's one thing to say you don't drive a car if you live in an area served well by public transportation. I don't, and my current car is a 2010 Toyota Camry.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

springrite

Volkswagen CC.

But I still miss my Oldsmobile Delta 88, vintage 1977. That was an Armoured Personnel Carrier!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Ken B

Quote from: springrite on June 10, 2016, 07:00:01 AM
Volkswagen CC.

But I still miss my Oldsmobile Delta 88, vintage 1977. That was an Armoured Personnel Carrier!
I had a Delta 98 of that vintage, inherited from my grandfather. It was immense, and smooth, and the power steering would work with one finger (alas there was a complete lack of road feel!).

Hollywood

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on June 10, 2016, 03:03:16 AM
It's one thing to say you don't drive a car if you live in an area served well by public transportation. I don't, and my current car is a 2010 Toyota Camry.

Even if I wanted to drive a car here in Vienna itwould take some doing to find one that I could drive. The reason for that is 99% of the autos here are manual drive and I can not drive a stick shift car. My father tried to teach me how to drive my mom's 1969 stick shift Chevy Nova but we gave up after I kept stalling it for over 45 minutes. The clutch is not my friend. Also the majority of the cars in Los Angeles are automatic which handle the stop and go traffic of the L.A. freeway system much better. In the five years of my first marriage my ex man wore down 3 clutches in his 1972 Ford Maverick.

Anyway, I'm 60 now and have osteo arthritis in both knees so if I ever end up driving a car again an automatic is more arthritic knee friendly in my opinion.  ;) 8)

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Jo498

Wow, I thought the prevalence of automatic transmission came later in the US than early 1970s.
For whatever reason it never became popular in Germany and most other European countries although I think that with rentals in bigger cities if you ask early enough they will always be able to provide you with an automatic.

I have also gone long times without a car or shared with relatives. The last car I owned from ca. 2001-2010 was a Citroen 2CV... I then moved to a city with good public transportation where I did not want to take the 20+ year old thing and gave it to my sister who drove it for about two more years, I think.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

springrite

Quote from: Ken B on June 10, 2016, 09:10:54 AM
I had a Delta 98 of that vintage, inherited from my grandfather. It was immense, and smooth, and the power steering would work with one finger (alas there was a complete lack of road feel!).
Exactly!

I had an accident which almost totalled a Honda Civic that I hit. The police asked me which part of my car made the contact as he could hardly identify a mark!

springrite

Quote from: Hollywood on June 11, 2016, 12:01:06 AM

Anyway, I'm 60 now and have osteo arthritis in both knees so if I ever end up driving a car again an automatic is more arthritic knee friendly in my opinion.  ;) 8)

Getting a driver alla Driving Ms. Daisy would be knee friendly as well!  ;)

Hollywood

Quote from: springrite on June 11, 2016, 12:55:40 AM
Getting a driver alla Driving Ms. Daisy would be knee friendly as well!  ;)

Now you're talkin'. My driver would drive me around in my 1930 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Town Car. His name would be Parker and he would call me Miss Hollywood.

Ken B

"My other car is a Hispano-Suiza."

Florestan

Steering on the left, of course. Bought in 2004, runs as smooth as on the first day.  8)

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Kontrapunctus

vandermolen

Ford KA 'Zetec' but my favourite car was my yellow Citroen 2CV6.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).