Headphones

Started by Bonehelm, June 10, 2007, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Mookalafalas on December 08, 2023, 02:41:39 AMFor fans of Amir over at Audio Science Review, these look amazing. "High End" doesn't have to equal big bucks, at least with IEMs. These are $22, and the specs are amazing.
   I've been using a similar $50 pair he recommended a few months ago, and they've become my go-to headphones on my mini rig in my home-corner. 

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/7hz-salnotes-zero-iem-review.50226/

These finally came in. HOLY CRAP. Amazing sound. I can't believe it. I'm just wandering around my collection, playing files. It's like hearing everything for the first time. String quartets, Organ, lute-harpsichord. Blowing my mind. I don't know if I can go back to my other headphones, and those cost $300-800 a pair.
 This is the amazon link. About the same price as a fancy CD. What a Christmas present! I am EQing them slightly with free software (Equalizer APO and the Harmony EQ app), and playing them through a pretty cheap DAC (ifi Uno). I don't know if I'll be able to take them off. DAMN. I was vaguely fantasizing about getting a $2K set of Dan Clark headphones. Not any more. $22 and I'm set :o

https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-7Hz-Zero-Composite-Detachable/dp/B0B76YF5CY/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1W4IS7Q4B5DLI&keywords=7hz%2Bsalnotes%2Bzero%2B2&qid=1703592865&s=music&sprefix=7hz%2Bsalnotes%2Cmusic-intl-ship%2C295&sr=1-2&th=1
It's all good...

DavidW

At that price, I'll pick it up just for curiosity's sake.  It is the same price as a take out meal!  I can't wear iems for extended periods of time, but I'm curious to see if it delivers.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: DavidW on December 26, 2023, 07:05:21 AMAt that price, I'll pick it up just for curiosity's sake.  It is the same price as a take out meal!  I can't wear iems for extended periods of time, but I'm curious to see if it delivers.

Yeah, at this price you can hardly go wrong. They are super light, so less fatiguing than some. THe wire is super thin, so doesn't seem rugged. You also have to attach the left and right "bodY" to the wire, by plugging it into two tiny pins. However, for me it is fulfilling the "headphone dream" and making everything sound better.
It's all good...

DavidW

I dug my 1990 pros out.  Since I picked up the 660s2 I had not been using my Beyers.  They sound really good, it was a real treat to come back to them.