My mind is melting!

Started by Sungam, April 06, 2007, 06:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I don't listen to classical music as frequently as I used to, so I kind of feel like i'm just easing back into it.  Bach and Beethoven hit the spot for me.  The orchestral suites, concertos, symphonies, piano music. :)

Michel

Quote from: D Minor on April 06, 2007, 11:15:04 AM
Speaking of Piano Concertos: 

Brahms PC's 1/2
Mozart PC's 20/24/27
Mozart PC's 17/21/23
Rachmaninov PC's 2/3
Prokofiev PC 3
Beethoven PC's 4/5
Liszt Totentanz in d minor
Bach PC in d minor
Saint-Saens PC 2
Schumann PC
Grieg PC
Busoni PC
Chopin PC's 1/2
Ravel G Major

and even Mendy PC 1  :D

What on earth is the point in listeing a load of mainstream romantic piano concertos? You provide no information and little to help him make up his mind. Its just a list!

Bruckner is God

My suggestion is Bruckner's second symphony conducted by Riccardo Chailly.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Bruckner is God on May 16, 2007, 08:33:35 AM

Bruckner is not god, i think he would consider your opinion of him blasphemous 

Maciek

I find it disturbing that Sungam hasn't been active for 3 weeks. Could that mean his mind actually melted? Even with so many of us trying to prevent it?

Cato

My suggestion is Bruckner's Second Symphony conducted by Riccardo Chailly.

Is this the Nowak edition?

The Second Symphony is guaranteed to cure what ails you in body and soul: it's a spiritual alarm clock!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

BachQ

Quote from: DavidW on April 23, 2007, 06:05:40 PM
Bach and Beethoven hit the spot for me.  The orchestral suites, concertos, symphonies, piano music. :)

Very sensible!

Steve

Have you heard the Karajan?

Sungam

Thanks for the further suggestions.  I'll have to check out Bruckner's Second Symphony.

Also, why is it that Karajan was always able to get the orchestra to play hardcore? Is it really just the man?  Intimidation?  Crack Cocaine?

Btw, decent classical music < Beethoven < Bruckner < Mahler < God.  Not debatable. (lol, don't kill).

Steve

Quote from: Sungam on May 16, 2007, 05:48:40 PM
Thanks for the further suggestions.  I'll have to check out Bruckner's Second Symphony.

Also, why is it that Karajan was always able to get the orchestra to play hardcore? Is it really just the man?  Intimidation?  Crack Cocaine?

Btw, decent classical music < Beethoven < Bruckner < Mahler < God.  Not debatable. (lol, don't kill).

Just head on over to youtube, where you can view some of his performances with the BPO. At points, he'll just stop, as if he's daring the orchestra to try him. Intidimdating indeed, he's one of the most electrifying conductors I've ever seen. Personally, I think it's due to the hair.  :)

Cato

Quote from: Sungam on May 16, 2007, 05:48:40 PM

< Beethoven < Schubert < Bruckner < Mahler < Schoenberg < God.  Not debatable:AMEN!   0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)