Anyone with pdfs of Mahler 2, 7, or 10 ?

Started by greg, August 09, 2007, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

there's none online, and i can't wait  :'(
and i want the full score, though if you have a piano reduction of 10 (if it exists that'd be ok, too)

mahlertitan

Quote from: greg on August 09, 2007, 10:15:18 AM
there's none online, and i can't wait  :'(
and i want the full score, though if you have a piano reduction of 10 (if it exists that'd be ok, too)

why can't you just buy it?

mahlertitan

oh, btw, yes, i have them, but, why should i give them to you?

greg

Quote from: MahlerTitan on August 09, 2007, 10:21:08 AM
oh, btw, yes, i have them, but, why should i give them to you?
which ones?
ok.... you wanna play like that, Mister?  ;)

i'll try to see if i have any scores you might not have. If not on my computer, i'll try to scan something if possible...

greg

here's a list of scores that I have that i know are not on the internet:

Stockhausen- Gruppen, 15 pages of Mantra, Sirius: Cancer, Brucke Cancer
Messiaen- Oiseaux Exotiques (orchestral reduction), Quartet for the End of Time, Turangalila Symphony (full score, but w/ a half of movement missing)
Takemitsu- Voice
Crumb- Black Angels, Star Child
Ligeti- Etudes, Violin Concerto, Hungarian Rock, Musica Ricerata, Ramifications (excerpt)
Shostakovich- Complete String Quartets, Symphonies 1 and 7, 1st Violin Concerto (might be on that one Russian site, i forgot though)
Penderecki- Threnody
Hindemith- Ludus Tonalis

i think that might be it....

greg

mahlertitan

Quote from: greg on August 09, 2007, 10:23:57 AM
which ones?
ok.... you wanna play like that, Mister?  ;)

i'll try to see if i have any scores you might not have. If not on my computer, i'll try to scan something if possible...

i am not that crazy about Mahler's scores, if you want them so bad i will give them you, but you'll have to wait, because it's on my main computer, and i won't be able to access that for atleast a few days.

Seriously, if i want a mahler score, i just go to my school's music library, and photo copy it, it's as easy as that!

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: MahlerTitan on August 09, 2007, 10:19:49 AM
why can't you just buy it?

That is a very good question. You can get a little Dover score of M2 for about $10, and a large size Dover M7 for $20. If you want M10 complete, you gotta pay $125 for the Deryck Cooke completion. I don't even have that myself.

greg

Quote from: MahlerTitan on August 09, 2007, 10:36:38 AM
i am not that crazy about Mahler's scores, if you want them so bad i will give them you, but you'll have to wait, because it's on my main computer, and i won't be able to access that for atleast a few days.

Seriously, if i want a mahler score, i just go to my school's music library, and photo copy it, it's as easy as that!
yes, please! just whenever you get the chance, if you can e-mail me them, that'd be reeeeeeeeallly nice.

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on August 09, 2007, 10:41:23 AM
That is a very good question. You can get a little Dover score of M2 for about $10, and a large size Dover M7 for $20. If you want M10 complete, you gotta pay $125 for the Deryck Cooke completion. I don't even have that myself.
actually, i think you can get the Mahler 10 for $30.
but still, all together it's over $60, and there's no way i'm paying for that now! I just spent $15 on this (infinitely helpful) Japanese book and feel guilty about it. I could wait until Christmas, but.... nah, i really can't!!!!!!!  :'(

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: greg on August 09, 2007, 10:46:40 AM
actually, i think you can get the Mahler 10 for $30.

Only the first movement that Mahler completed.

Quote from: greg on August 09, 2007, 10:46:40 AM
but still, all together it's over $60, and there's no way i'm paying for that now! I just spent $15 on this (infinitely helpful) Japanese book and feel guilty about it. I could wait until Christmas, but.... nah, i really can't!!!!!!!  :'(

Maybe get a job?  :D

greg

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on August 09, 2007, 10:53:53 AM
Only the first movement that Mahler completed.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on August 09, 2007, 10:53:53 AM
Maybe get a job?  :D
i should be getting one soon, since everyone is starting to hire again, now that school is back in a few weeks.

paul

I got a copy of Mahler 2 coupled with the first symphony from Dover which is available for under $15 and it's a nice size, though if I had to study these pieces I would probably opt for a larger version.

sound67

Quote from: greg on August 09, 2007, 10:56:48 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
i should be getting one soon, since everyone is starting to hire again, now that school is back in a few weeks.

No, it's not " :'( :'( :'( :'( :'("

Only the Adagio is in the public domain. The orchestral realizations were all done much later, and the people who did them deserve to be paid. Don't be a cheapskate.
"Vivaldi didn't compose 500 concertos. He composed the same concerto 500 times" - Igor Stravinsky

"Mozart is a menace to musical progress, a relic of rituals that were losing relevance in his own time and are meaningless to ours." - Norman Lebrecht

mahlertitan

Quote from: sound67 on August 11, 2007, 06:21:28 PM
No, it's not " :'( :'( :'( :'( :'("

Only the Adagio is in the public domain. The orchestral realizations were all done much later, and the people who did them deserve to be paid. Don't be a cheapskate.

Sound67 is right, i can't give them to you, you have to pay for them yourself.

gmstudio

Just buy the Dover scores from Amazon (they're much cheaper there).  They're an worthy investment.   

Caution, though, Dover scores are addictive. (I now have about 120 of them.)   >:D >:D

greg

Quote from: MahlerTitan on August 11, 2007, 06:29:08 PM
Sound67 is right, i can't give them to you, you have to pay for them yourself.
that's fine, if it's only the Adagio.
i have a MIDI of the last movement anyways, so it is hard to figure out the notes, but I more or less have an idea of the score.