Dating or not dating.

Started by NikF, August 05, 2016, 05:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

I suppose I'll add a little bit to this thread since I was on a brief hiatus:

I dated a woman from work for a few weeks, but she ended up being not for me. She was incredibly jealous whenever I would talk to another woman. Trust issues are most definitely something that will run people off. Perhaps she was hurt in the past? I'm not sure, but that's certainly not my problem and wasn't going to be. I could also tell that she's too controlling. I feel bad for whoever gets stuck with her. I cut her off before anything could materialize. I've got to say though that she was easy on the eyes, but that's not reason enough to stay.

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 04, 2017, 02:02:15 PM
I suppose I'll add a little bit to this thread since I was on a brief hiatus:

I dated a woman from work for a few weeks, but she ended up being not for me. She was incredibly jealous whenever I would talk to another woman. Trust issues are most definitely something that will run people off. Perhaps she was hurt in the past? I'm not sure, but that's certainly not my problem and wasn't going to be. I could also tell that she's too controlling. I feel bad for whoever gets stuck with her. I cut her off before anything could materialize. I've got to say though that she was easy on the eyes, but that's not reason enough to stay.

Exactly.
And while a loonball can be a freak in bed it's usually not worth it in a '...on your own doorstep' kind of way.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on September 04, 2017, 03:23:34 PM
Exactly.
And while a loonball can be a freak in bed it's usually not worth it in a '...on your own doorstep' kind of way.

If one wants something deeper and more meaningful, then, obviously, a nutcase like this woman I was dating, is out of the question.

Mirror Image

Well....I've got a bit of a story to add after thinking it was going to be months before I contributed to this thread, but by golly something great happened tonight!

Here's the lowdown:

A customer came over to the bakery (where I don't actually bake anything and eat the profits ;) ) as I was about to put some hot french bread out in our baskets and we chatted a bit, but told her to have a good night and we were off on our separate ways (or so I thought). I've seen this woman before as we spoke for quite awhile when she was in the store many months ago. As I was coming back into the department, I noticed she was out on the floor looking around in my department, but there was a customer waiting to put in a cake order, so I helped them. In the corner of my eye, I noticed she was just kind hanging around and 'looking' like she was browsing, but she would every now and again glance up at me. After I finished helping the customer with the cake order, she came up to the counter. She asked me for the price of some cookies she was looking at, but I knew there was a motive behind why she was still hanging around. I could tell she was a bit nervous. Anyway, she asked me out! Yes, a woman asked me out and this hasn't happened to me since I was in my late teens. I got a piece of paper for her to write her number down for me and we actually chatted a bit more. She said she wanted to ask me out the last time we spoke, but saw that I had already left for the night. She's 24 yrs. old, a brunette with gorgeous blue eyes, a couple of inches taller than me, and quite a nice body. I'm playing it cool and I'll probably call her tomorrow night to see if she'd like to grab a cup of coffee or have a late dinner Friday or Saturday night. I'm feeling pretty great right now and it's so nice to be on the other side of things for change. Wish me luck everyone! 8)

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 06, 2017, 06:43:02 PM
Well....I've got a bit of a story to add after thinking it was going to be months before I contributed to this thread, but by golly something great happened tonight!

Here's the lowdown:

A customer came over to the bakery (where I don't actually bake anything and eat the profits ;) ) as I was about to put some hot french bread out in our baskets and we chatted a bit, but told her to have a good night and we were off on our separate ways (or so I thought). I've seen this woman before as we spoke for quite awhile when she was in the store many months ago. As I was coming back into the department, I noticed she was out on the floor looking around in my department, but there was a customer waiting to put in a cake order, so I helped them. In the corner of my eye, I noticed she was just kind hanging around and 'looking' like she was browsing, but she would every now and again glance up at me. After I finished helping the customer with the cake order, she came up to the counter. She asked me for the price of some cookies she was looking at, but I knew there was a motive behind why she was still hanging around. I could tell she was a bit nervous. Anyway, she asked me out! Yes, a woman asked me out and this hasn't happened to me since I was in my late teens. I got a piece of paper for her to write her number down for me and we actually chatted a bit more. She said she wanted to ask me out the last time we spoke, but saw that I had already left for the night. She's 24 yrs. old, a brunette with gorgeous blue eyes, a couple of inches taller than me, and quite a nice body. I'm playing it cool and I'll probably call her tomorrow night to see if she'd like to grab a cup of coffee or have a late dinner Friday or Saturday night. I'm feeling pretty great right now and it's so nice to be on the other side of things for change. Wish me luck everyone! 8)

Good stuff. And because she was interested enough to ask for your number it can only go downhill from there, so keep playing it cool.
Luck is BS. Just make a firm date and take it easy. And remember to keep breathing
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on September 07, 2017, 12:35:28 AM
Good stuff. And because she was interested enough to ask for your number it can only go downhill from there, so keep playing it cool.
Luck is BS. Just make a firm date and take it easy. And remember to keep breathing

Actually, she gave me her number. ;) She has practically done all of the hard work for me already. ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: α | ì Æ ñ on September 07, 2017, 04:52:28 PM

Holy fuck that's awesome  :o

I can just imagine after that, I'd have a huge smile on my face all night  :D

Best wishes!  :)

Thanks, Josh! Yeah, my mind was pretty much in the clouds for the rest of the night. :)

Mirror Image

My new lady friend and I have been talking pretty much all day either texting or actually on the phone. She's a lovely person. We'll be getting together on Sunday for hopefully a nice dinner and walk around to do a bit of window shopping. Notching fancy --- just two people enjoying each other's company.

Ken B

MN Dave

Is it too big? Is it too small? Will the girls like it. Sex, sex, sex!
"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

Mirror Image

Quote from: α | ì Æ ñ on September 27, 2017, 03:00:39 PM
Speaking in the current.......there is this girl  ;)

Excellent! Do keep us informed. 8)

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 07, 2017, 07:21:33 PM
My new lady friend and I have been talking pretty much all day either texting or actually on the phone. She's a lovely person. We'll be getting together on Sunday for hopefully a nice dinner and walk around to do a bit of window shopping. Notching fancy --- just two people enjoying each other's company.
Good news John. Hope this works out for you.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on October 01, 2017, 09:18:19 PM
Good news John. Hope this works out for you.

Thanks, Jeffrey, but this didn't work out as there were some serious issues on her end that I simply couldn't accept, so we parted ways after our first date.

NikF

On an early summer evening I was standing near the road with my back to a sheltered kiosk that sold cigarettes and alcohol. I was wearing a a stone coloured unstructured linen suit, navy blue fitted shirt, brown boots and sunglasses. Behind the sunglasses my eyes were closed and I was calmly, patiently listening, waiting to hear. And soon there was the expected reward; there's the hiss and the slam, and finally the sound of a ball bearing being dropped on concrete, almost instantly followed by a second of similar volume and pitch. As soon as those sounds fully registered they were repeated by another two ball bearings dropping, then a further two, no, four, then more but all in multiples of two, a bucket of ball bearings being poured and landing and tapping and echoing together until they scattered in all directions, slowly fading and becoming distant. Opening my eyes I looked at the source - the almost ubiquitous clicking high heels being worn by the well groomed and beautifully feminine women as they alighted the trolley bus and carefully but confidently stepped on to and along the pavement. Finally one of them - a miniature of perfect proportions - directly approached me and turned her cheek up to be kissed, at the same time handing over a small carrier bag with inside a now empty jar that had just recently contained a home prepared lunch, but originally held Beluga caviar. Formalities over, she took my arm and we walked home.
I lived and worked in Russia. And I dated a number of Russian women. From time to time I'll post my thoughts based on my experience of dating them.

Parsifal

Quote from: NikF on November 10, 2017, 04:47:19 AM
On an early summer evening I was standing near the road with my back to a sheltered kiosk that sold cigarettes and alcohol. I was wearing a a stone coloured unstructured linen suit, navy blue fitted shirt, brown boots and sunglasses. Behind the sunglasses my eyes were closed and I was calmly, patiently listening, waiting to hear. And soon there was the expected reward; there's the hiss and the slam, and finally the sound of a ball bearing being dropped on concrete, almost instantly followed by a second of similar volume and pitch. As soon as those sounds fully registered they were repeated by another two ball bearings dropping, then a further two, no, four, then more but all in multiples of two, a bucket of ball bearings being poured and landing and tapping and echoing together until they scattered in all directions, slowly fading and becoming distant. Opening my eyes I looked at the source - the almost ubiquitous clicking high heels being worn by the well groomed and beautifully feminine women as they alighted the trolley bus and carefully but confidently stepped on to and along the pavement. Finally one of them - a miniature of perfect proportions - directly approached me and turned her cheek up to be kissed, at the same time handing over a small carrier bag with inside a now empty jar that had just recently contained a home prepared lunch, but originally held Beluga caviar. Formalities over, she took my arm and we walked home.
I lived and worked in Russia. And I dated a number of Russian women. From time to time I'll post my thoughts based on my experience of dating them.

Mysterious. She was stealing ball bearings from the Soviet factory where she worked, and they started tumbling out of her satchel after the bottom seam ripped?

You did it

I don't know if this is dating-related or not because no advancements have been made on either of our parts BUT there is this girl in one of my lecture classes that 'broke the ice' right off the bat. Now it's not someone I've seen or met before (so a beginning of a fresh friendship at the very least!) BUT we are literally (and I mean literally properly) from the same neighbourhood, same town, same college (when we where in our teens), same music teachers and everything.  :o

Now I'm not saying that I even intend anything serious or think about her in any intimate way (maybe unlike some of the girls I had the hots for in previous trimesters, that I didn't get far with) but I can tell straight away that she is a really nice, friendly and intelligent person, who will definitely make a great friend (if not girlfriend, as I still want something intimate of that sort to some degree, although I'm by far not desperate).
Note, this has all fallen into place by itself.

What I have learned or been proven from this, is that life can really surprise you in amazingly coincidental ways! It's quite inspiring, the idea. You can never know what to expect: which is a positive thing  :D  8)

vandermolen

Quote from: Le Moderniste on November 20, 2017, 11:24:30 PM
I don't know if this is dating-related or not because no advancements have been made on either of our parts BUT there is this girl in one of my lecture classes that 'broke the ice' right off the bat. Now it's not someone I've seen or met before (so a beginning of a fresh friendship at the very least!) BUT we are literally (and I mean literally properly) from the same neighbourhood, same town, same college (when we where in our teens), same music teachers and everything.  :o

Now I'm not saying that I even intend anything serious or think about her in any intimate way (maybe unlike some of the girls I had the hots for in previous trimesters, that I didn't get far with) but I can tell straight away that she is a really nice, friendly and intelligent person, who will definitely make a great friend (if not girlfriend, as I still want something intimate of that sort to some degree, although I'm by far not desperate).
Note, this has all fallen into place by itself.

What I have learned or been proven from this, is that life can really surprise you in amazingly coincidental ways! It's quite inspiring, the idea. You can never know what to expect: which is a positive thing  :D  8)
'Give up and you will succeed' (Taoist saying)

Hope it works out for you. Relationships which develop from friendships are, in my limited experience, more likely to turn into something lasting.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

You did it

Quote from: vandermolen on November 21, 2017, 02:32:12 AM
'Give up and you will succeed' (Taoist saying)

Hope it works out for you. Relationships which develop from friendships are, in my limited experience, more likely to turn into something lasting.

Thanks Vandermolen, I know that she and I will both share a similar level of stress at the end of the week (given the amount of work the class has to get through)  :laugh:

Outside of just the incredible situation with her, I know I'm gonna really enjoy this class  8) and probably make more friends there too!

vandermolen

Quote from: Le Moderniste on November 22, 2017, 01:46:22 AM
Thanks Vandermolen, I know that she and I will both share a similar level of stress at the end of the week (given the amount of work the class has to get through)  :laugh:

Outside of just the incredible situation with her, I know I'm gonna really enjoy this class  8) and probably make more friends there too!

Good to hear and hope it all goes well for you.
:)