The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Max Richter (1966 -)

<< < (5/5)

aligreto:
I have only two CDs of Richter, both early ones

The Blue Notebooks: I find this to contain really good and appealing music [most of it low key, but not depressing]. However, it has one aspect which I find rather irritating and that is over the narration on some songs one hears the constant tapping of an old school typewriter at the beginning of those songs. I understand the concept but there is too much of it for me. If this kind of thing bothers you I would check it out first. If not, it is a very fine album both musically and sonically.

Songs From Before: This CD is filled with melodies that are emotionally loaded and filled with pathos, inhabiting a dreamlike world. The music is once again low key and again not depressing. The quality of the works and the production is very good. It is a very fine album.

I have also heard his take on Vivaldiā€™s Four Seasons but I did not spend waste my hard earned money on it.

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: Jo498 on August 08, 2016, 10:04:19 PM ---I listened to some that Vivaldi "remix" a few years ago and I find it quite horrible. Not sure why an apparently otherwise serious composer would do something like that (except that it probably sells well...).

--- End quote ---
I recall hearing that some years ago and remembering thinking at the time that it seemed bizarre/not liking it.

Yesterday, a friend showed me a CD that he had just purchased of Voices and listened to last night.  It revolves around the reading of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:  https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights  He said that he was incredibly moved by it.  Hopefully, I can borrow it soon.

PD

vandermolen:
From WAYLTN thread:

I'm enjoying this very much - as is my wife!  ;D
I think I might get it for my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. I think that they'd like the music and the motivation behind it.

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: vandermolen on October 12, 2021, 08:58:26 AM ---From WAYLTN thread:

I'm enjoying this very much - as is my wife!  ;D
I think I might get it for my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. I think that they'd like the music and the motivation behind it.

--- End quote ---
You're wife is enjoying it?!  Is this one of those few historic moments chez vous?  I'll have to look into it.

PD

vandermolen:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 12, 2021, 12:20:24 PM ---You're wife is enjoying it?!  Is this one of those few historic moments chez vous?  I'll have to look into it.

PD

--- End quote ---
Absolutely PD!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version