Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 193512 times)

Online drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #1900 on: July 17, 2020, 06:02:15 PM »

Breathtaking. Even better than season 1

I'm looking forward to the next season.

What I'm waiting very strongly and beautifully for is Saison 5 of Le Bureau des légendes. How does Malotru escape? Can Sisteron get there in time on one foot?

It's on Sundance, which I can watch with the free trial, but that seems like cheating so I'll probably torrent it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.13

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #1901 on: July 18, 2020, 06:05:05 AM »

A couple episodes into The Business of Drugs.  Sleekly produced, with almost too good to be true interviews with drug dealers in various locales, the show offers some good to know information.  The cocaine episode is old news, but the meth in Myanmar episode provides some nice tidbits.  If the show's stats are true, Myanmar produces more meth than Mexico, and distributes everywhere east of the Pamirs.  Host Amaryllis Fox is an ex-CIA operative, current Kennedy clan member, and does the interviews with some of the thugs herself.  She's attractive, but not Fox blonde hot, thus enhancing her credibility.  I think I'll watch the rest.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Everything dies - Alien Bounty Hunter, The X-Files

Everyone dies - William Barr, United States Attorney General

Offline BWV 1080

« Reply #1902 on: July 19, 2020, 02:31:34 PM »
The HBO Perry Mason, which is quite good - realistic picture of 1931 LA without trying to hard to be cynical or woke

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #1903 on: July 21, 2020, 05:38:45 AM »
Finished Season 2 of the Life on Mars over the weekend. Brilliant twists and turns in the last episode to "close" the overall arc of this story in the early 70's. Had to watch a couple of episodes of the spin off Ashes to Ashes straight after, now set in the 80's, with actually a very smart integration of the previous series. More to watch i guess  :) Oh and it remains very politically incorrect and the decors, clothes, cars, etc are accurately depicting the relevant decades. 

One month later, finished the 3 series of Ashes to Ashes on the weekend. Great series, great closure of the overall story arc again, topsy- turvy right until the end. And a brilliant soundtrack throughout to boot.

The references to the Life on Mars are regular throughout so the 2 series must be watched in order for a full understanding.

Worth the time. Series 1 is a little slow to take off but it ramps up from there. Patience is key. The addition of Daniel Mays in the third series is the cherry on top of a very good cake already.
Olivier

Offline BWV 1080

« Reply #1904 on: July 22, 2020, 08:34:08 AM »
Just finished Undone, an animated philosophical series set in San Antonio on Amazon Prime w Bob Odenkirk

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/undone/s01

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #1905 on: July 22, 2020, 12:23:28 PM »
Just finished Undone, an animated philosophical series set in San Antonio on Amazon Prime w Bob Odenkirk

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/undone/s01

It's awesome!!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Online SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #1906 on: July 31, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »
Well, we have not been watching a lot of movies in the last couple of weeks, but some TV shows or streamed programs as shown below - Dave :)

Sinatra - All or Nothing at All - two 2-hour episodes on Netflix - excellent w/ a LOT of great singing and much footage never seen before - highly recommended to Frank fans!

Blue Bloods - Season 10 - shortened to 19 episodes (vs. the usual 22) because of COVID - a $30 purchase on Amazon Video - a recent favorite of ours and still going strong.

How Winston Churchill Changed the World - Great Courses lecture series (24 half hour talks) - decided to do streaming video only (a less expensive option) - using the Roku channel app which has worked just fine - excellent course and instructor for those interested in this famous 20th century British politician - I wanted to read the new bio on him from a few years ago (last pic) but listed at over 1100 pages - at my age, my attention span has limited the size of books I read or more accurate 'finish' -  :laugh:

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #1907 on: August 01, 2020, 04:43:10 AM »

I'm not a sports guy, but given current circumstances, I am working my way through The Last Dance because why not.  Turns out Michael Jordan was the key to the success of the 90s Bulls.  Who knew?  As filmed and presented, Jordan goes past supreme confidence into straight-up arrogance, but everyone agrees he was the best, so his attitude is completely justified.  I had forgotten about his penchant for gambling, but this documentary shows just how grotesque and irresponsible the press can be when it revisits how various esteemed members of the Fourth Estate "reported" on possible links between Jordan's gambling habit and his father's murder.  Oh, yes, and Jordan was supposed to use his voice in politics, according to some.  The selected game footage makes basketball appear more exciting than it actually is, so kudos to the ESPN production team.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 05:59:24 AM by Todd »
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Everything dies - Alien Bounty Hunter, The X-Files

Everyone dies - William Barr, United States Attorney General

Offline Dowder

• Currently Listening to:
    All the good stuff
« Reply #1908 on: August 01, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
Every episode of Seinfeld and 30 Rock on Hulu.
”But what is government but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.”~~James Madison, Federalist 51