Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 280122 times)

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2500 on: October 19, 2021, 12:52:26 AM »
I've been enjoying this series as well. Rory Kinnear is terrific as the British fascist leader Colin Jordan as is Eddie Marsan as a Jewish cab driver resistance leader.

Kinnear makes your skin crawl. Some acting achievement.

The first series of Guilt was brilliant, black humour at its finest. First two episodes of the second series, which I was looking forward to, are a disappointment. A mish-mash which is difficult to follow and in two minds to give up on it. Shame.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #2501 on: October 19, 2021, 01:30:21 AM »
I've been enjoying this series as well. Rory Kinnear is terrific as the British fascist leader Colin Jordan as is Eddie Marsan as a Jewish cab driver resistance leader.

Lol was praising this one too, I need to bump it up the watch list.

The first series of Guilt was brilliant, black humour at its finest. First two episodes of the second series, which I was looking forward to, are a disappointment. A mish-mash which is difficult to follow and in two minds to give up on it. Shame.

Oh no, that's not what I wanted to read. We re-watched the last episode of season 1 over the weekend to remind ourselves of the plot ending with the intention of diving into season 2. Series 1 was perfect in so many ways. A hidden gem. It would have been hard to beat or equal but that sounds ominous.
Olivier

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #2502 on: October 19, 2021, 03:30:12 AM »
Hi milk,

To resize an image, after you've clicked the button above.  So add(type) the following into the first box:  [img width=400] or 500, for example...depending upon how big you want it to be.  And copy your image, as normal, between the two [img].

PD

p.s.  Note:  There's a space between "img" and "width" but no spaces between "width, = nor the size which in this case is 400.
Thanks!

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2503 on: October 19, 2021, 07:07:17 AM »
Lol was praising this one too, I need to bump it up the watch list.

Oh no, that's not what I wanted to read. We re-watched the last episode of season 1 over the weekend to remind ourselves of the plot ending with the intention of diving into season 2. Series 1 was perfect in so many ways. A hidden gem. It would have been hard to beat or equal but that sounds ominous.

Don't let me put you off, Olivier. Old dumb nuts here in leafy Surrey could not make head or tails of it. Doesn't mean that you will not too.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #2504 on: October 19, 2021, 08:52:25 AM »
Don't let me put you off, Olivier. Old dumb nuts here in leafy Surrey could not make head or tails of it. Doesn't mean that you will not too.

Ha, I'll see what this old-ish dumb nut here can make of it  ;D
Olivier

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #2505 on: October 19, 2021, 09:12:10 AM »
I just saw episode one of season 2 of Guilt after seeing all of S1 (for the second time) over the last few days. I enjoyed it, though not as much as S1 episodes.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. The Roy Lynch character has been recast. I missed that and it led to some confusion. I only found out after reading a review after.
2. Jake is not coming back, so the music aspect that I loved from S1 will likely be gone.
3. Jake not coming back means the "heart" of the series is missing, so it will be interesting to see how S2 feels as a result.
4. There seems to be less humor so far in S2 compared to S1, I am hoping this changes. 
5. Thankfully, Kenny is back.

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lef├ębure

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #2506 on: October 19, 2021, 09:25:07 AM »
I just saw episode one of season 2 of Guilt after seeing all of S1 (for the second time) over the last few days. I enjoyed it, though not as much as S1 episodes.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. The Roy Lynch character has been recast. I missed that and it led to some confusion. I only found out after reading a review after.
2. Jake is not coming back, so the music aspect that I loved from S1 will likely be gone.
3. Jake not coming back means the "heart" of the series is missing, so it will be interesting to see how S2 feels as a result.
4. There seems to be less humor so far in S2 compared to S1, I am hoping this changes. 
5. Thankfully, Kenny is back.

Thank you for the info and heads-up, George.
Olivier

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #2507 on: October 19, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
Thank you for the info and heads-up, George.

No problem. Hope you enjoy it.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lef├ębure