Eugene Zador (1894-1977)

Started by vandermolen, September 17, 2016, 12:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Not expecting much response to this but I can't see a Hungarian composers thread.
I have enjoyed this new Naxos release very much. The Biblical Triptych in particular which reminded me of the music of Ernest Bloch. The works are powerful and approachable with a kind of 'Epic' quality to them - quite inspiriting stuff. Some Naxos releases I play once and never again but not this one which I have enjoyed many times:
[asin]B01H5JT0LS[/asin]
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Scion7

I have that and a few other things.  Enjoyable work.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

vandermolen

Quote from: Scion7 on September 17, 2016, 02:38:01 PM
I have that and a few other things.  Enjoyable work.

Thanks for response.  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).