That Darn Cat Thread

Started by snyprrr, September 20, 2016, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

geralmar

Scion7

Ha ha!

So true - the kat will love the box more than anything that came in it - unless it is a tuna treat.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

geralmar

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 08, 2020, 07:45:56 AM
Cute!  Nice kitty setup!  Isn't it amazing, though, after all of the trouble, expense and fuss that we go through to make out cats comfy and happy, that it's the simplest and cheapest things that they like....like boxes, paper bags, a crumpled up ball of paper....and one of the finest things in life, the red plastic sealing ring which you need to peel off of a milk/juice bottle (tried to find a photo of it) in order to open said bottle.  That and a plastic diet cola bottle cap. 

And life's good!

PD

I wonder if you know this know this charming book PD?
It has some great lines like:
'The cat from France liked to sing and dance', 'The cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway' with funny illustrations and always ending with 'But my cat likes to hide in boxes':
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on September 21, 2020, 11:05:56 PM
I wonder if you know this know this charming book PD?
It has some great lines like:
'The cat from France liked to sing and dance', 'The cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway' with funny illustrations and always ending with 'But my cat likes to hide in boxes':

No, I don't know it Jeffrey, but it sounds charming!  :)

And there's also this favorite kitty toy/hang out area:

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 22, 2020, 05:57:10 AM
No, I don't know it Jeffrey, but it sounds charming!  :)

And there's also this favorite kitty toy/hang out area:

PD

Well, here it is PD:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T21ZO0Gs-Fc
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Thanks for that link Jeffrey...sweet!  And lovely illustrations!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 22, 2020, 06:35:45 AM
Thanks for that link Jeffrey...sweet!  And lovely illustrations!

PD

Yes, I agree PD, very sweet and with charming illustrations. I even bought myself a copy  ::)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on September 23, 2020, 10:25:13 PM
Yes, I agree PD, very sweet and with charming illustrations. I even bought myself a copy  ::)
To read to your grandchildren?  ;) :)

I did pass along the info to a friend and fellow cat-lover; haven't heard back from her yet as to her reaction.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

geralmar

Pohjolas Daughter

A couple of ones which made me laugh:

Pohjolas Daughter

geralmar

MN Dave

I am the egg cat. goo goo g'joob.
"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: geralmar on November 28, 2020, 11:38:17 AM

"I will get that spider up in the corner of the shower!" said the cat.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

geralmar

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: geralmar on January 06, 2021, 11:31:29 PM

Oh, I miss those cute (cat) butt wiggles.  :(

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter