Crudblud's Craptacular C(r)ompositions

Started by Crudblud, September 30, 2016, 06:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crudblud

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 07, 2023, 08:01:53 AMAnd, of course, I enjoyed the misdirective provenance.
It's that little bit of Borges I retained from reading his Universal History of Infamy; there's nothing quite like a good and harmless hoax!

krummholz

Quote from: Crudblud on February 07, 2023, 08:49:12 AMIt's that little bit of Borges I retained from reading his Universal History of Infamy; there's nothing quite like a good and harmless hoax!

Hmmm - that's one Borges volume I don't know. Is Ohlsdorfer actually from one of his stories?

In any case I thought it was a neat idea to invent a detective movie that was never produced and write music for it... just as JLB wrote stories based on books that never existed.

Now to go dust off my copy of Silas Haslam's A General History of Labyrinths...

Crudblud

Quote from: krummholz on February 07, 2023, 09:24:04 AMHmmm - that's one Borges volume I don't know. Is Ohlsdorfer actually from one of his stories?

In any case I thought it was a neat idea to invent a detective movie that was never produced and write music for it... just as JLB wrote stories based on books that never existed.

Now to go dust off my copy of Silas Haslam's A General History of Labyrinths...
Ah no, really more of a spiritual inspiration than anything. Ohlsdorfer is just a name I found aesthetically pleasing/amusing for a noir detective character.

Crudblud

The rare update without a new piece, yet with more news than simply that I've not disappeared off the face of the earth. I am intending to present an all new (and perfectly unplayable!) "arrangement" of the inner movements of Mahler's 10th Symphony some time within the next week. The prospective title is, rather perfunctorily, Trilogy After Gustav Mahler.

It's somewhat a revisit of an older project from 2016, which just dealt with the first scherzo. Earlier this year I thought "I can do better", and let me tell you, I've made that mistake many many times! This may or may not be one of those times. I'm currently tinkering with details that I'm sure no one else will ever notice, but maybe...

Karl Henning

Quote from: Crudblud on July 29, 2023, 10:30:18 AMThe rare update without a new piece, yet with more news than simply that I've not disappeared off the face of the earth. I am intending to present an all new (and perfectly unplayable!) "arrangement" of the inner movements of Mahler's 10th Symphony some time within the next week. The prospective title is, rather perfunctorily, Trilogy After Gustav Mahler.

It's somewhat a revisit of an older project from 2016, which just dealt with the first scherzo. Earlier this year I thought "I can do better", and let me tell you, I've made that mistake many many times! This may or may not be one of those times. I'm currently tinkering with details that I'm sure no one else will ever notice, but maybe...
Good to "see" you!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Crudblud

As promised, slightly later than anticipated, here it be. Enjoy, or don't—the choice is yours!

Karl Henning

Quote from: Crudblud on August 06, 2023, 12:31:41 AM

As promised, slightly later than anticipated, here it be. Enjoy, or don't—the choice is yours!
Nicely executed!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Now revisiting this:

The curious synchronicity being that the title of a tone-poem I am nearly writing is For You, Fuchsia.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Rons_talking

Crudblud

Quote from: Rons_talking on August 14, 2023, 06:55:34 AMWow! I really like this...
Thank you, Ron.

I've been meaning to spend some time catching up with your prolific output, by the way.

Crudblud

Quote from: Karl Henning on August 06, 2023, 07:24:25 AMNow revisiting this:

The curious synchronicity being that the title of a tone-poem I am nearly writing is For You, Fuchsia.
I look forward to nearly hearing it!

Karl Henning

Quote from: Crudblud on August 14, 2023, 01:25:10 PMI look forward to nearly hearing it!
I've found a strategy for its execution.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA