Is it possible to record and save music permanently from Spotify?

Started by Harvey_20, November 04, 2016, 05:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey_20

Hey everyone! I hope this goes into the right section, I wasn't quite sure about posting it here. I need some help and advise   ::). So I've been using my Spotify Premium account for a few months and I think it's great that they offer so much classical music playlists, I love to listen to them while studying or cooking. Note that in earlier days I listend to s***** pop music but FINALLY got my act together  8) So now I was wondering if it is also possible (AND LEGAL!!!) to capture some playlist or songs permanently since you're only allowed to download your music and listen to it as long as you monthly pay for your premium account  :'( I would love to convert the music to some old CDs (I only have an very old - but still functional- CD Player in the kitchen). I hope someone could give  me an advise or knows how to do this   :) Thank you all!

Turner

Quote from: coffee-adict on November 07, 2016, 10:43:26 PM
And of course it is a legal way to do so since the softwares only record what you are listening to (like in the past when you tape recorded music!).

I´m not attempting it, but are people sure of this?
It seems to me that there must be a copyright issue and a conflict with Spotify´s probable contract with the musicians.

DaveF

Spotify's Ts & Cs state:

The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:

copying, redistributing, reproducing, "ripping", recording...
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: DaveF on November 08, 2016, 01:43:58 AM
Spotify's Ts & Cs state:

The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:

copying, redistributing, reproducing, "ripping", recording...

Exactly. You can tell yourself anyway you want to that it is legal in your case, because (insert excuse here), but the above is pretty clear by any standard.

GMG doesn't wish to be party to aiding or abetting illegal activity, so I'm going to lock this up now.

GB
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)