And They're Off! The Democratic Candidates for 2020

Started by JBS, June 26, 2019, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Quote from: Todd on May 27, 2020, 01:14:09 PM

Typing is hard.

No, autocorrect is frustrating. Glad I could give you another opportunity to pounce and "win".

greg

Quote from: SimonNZ on May 27, 2020, 12:41:45 PM
Shall I draw any larger truth from the right wingers here posting like twelve year olds?

Grow the hell up you children.
People on left: Right bad. Left good.
People on right: Left bad. Right good.

That about sums up these political threads. Too advanced for a two year old, maybe, but maybe not so much for a three year old.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

greg

Quote from: Todd on May 27, 2020, 01:50:06 PM

Some people find technology baffling.
Not only that, but sometimes people may take a minute to reference their chart...

"Hmm, I don't like this comment. What shall I make of it?"

*reads chart for reference... "Right = bad. Left = good."
"hmmm... what does this mean?"

*goes to chalkboard and ponders a bit, making some scribbles and calculations
*takes some more time to think

After a few minutes, "Aha! It's bad, so it's right-wing! Yaaay, I solved the problem, do I get a trophy?"

SimonNZ

Quote from: Todd on May 27, 2020, 01:50:06 PM

Some people find technology baffling.

Snark like this makes your endless posts carrying water for whichever troll farm or Bannon-lite group came up with the "Creepy Uncle Joe" meme - and which don't engage with the other members comments here about the highly problematic accusation by Tara Reade - seem so much more substantive in comparison.

SimonNZ

Quote from: greg on May 27, 2020, 01:57:46 PM
Not only that, but sometimes people may take a minute to reference their chart...

"Hmm, I don't like this comment. What shall I make of it?"

*reads chart for reference... "Right = bad. Left = good."
"hmmm... what does this mean?"

*goes to chalkboard and ponders a bit, making some scribbles and calculations
*takes some more time to think

After a few minutes, "Aha! It's bad, so it's right-wing! Yaaay, I solved the problem, do I get a trophy?"

That is a) insulting to people who take the time to articulate and post their opinions, which are never simply "x=bad" however much you may disagree with those opinions, and b ) is still sounding like the post of a twelve year old. If you want to argue against something here then do so, rather than trying to shut any conversation down by claiming its all worthless.

SimonNZ

Quote from: Todd on May 27, 2020, 02:17:49 PM

I have offered the free and helpful advice on this very forum to stop, breath, wait, and re-read a post before hitting the 'Post' button.  That is hard to do for some people.

Run-on sentences are bad.

Physician: heal thyself.

SimonNZ

Which one is the "utterly bored by this" emoji?

How clever would you think me if I pounced on you writing "breath" instead of "breathe", and snarked that "typing is hard"? Would I be a master of wit in your estimation?

JBS

In dealing with children, a time out is sometimes a good thing.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

greg

Quote from: greg on May 26, 2020, 08:47:51 PM
Another gaffe! He doesn't even know the word "pee" has two "e's" instead of one!  :o

How senile can ya get, Joe? What an atrocity!
Prophetic toilet humor...
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/joe-biden-fart-noise-tom-wolf

ugh... ::)

greg

Quote from: Dowder on May 28, 2020, 02:05:18 PM
Poor guy, so old and confused he was wearing an ass mic.
And he named the mic "Donald."

greg

Quote from: Dowder on May 28, 2020, 02:36:48 PM
If Trump ripped a fart, it would be huuuuuuuge.
Yes, it would put Krakatoa to shame. It would single-handedly single-buttedly make America stay great for the next 500 years.

Meanwhile, if Biden can't win on that front, at least he can try to eat more cheetos and turn his skin orange, because that might have to be what he needs to do to win the presidency.

"These young people nowadays appreciate an orange man, so maybe that's what I should go for to win it! I'll be the orangest of them all!"

SimonNZ

Again: I'm seeing a direct correlation  between Trump support and an infantile mentality.

Grow the hell up you pathetic little babies.

milk

Quote from: SimonNZ on May 27, 2020, 02:35:59 PM
Which one is the "utterly bored by this" emoji?

How clever would you think me if I pounced on you writing "breath" instead of "breathe", and snarked that "typing is hard"? Would I be a master of wit in your estimation?
That's gotta sting.

SimonNZ

No, I sound like I come to a political thread for political discussion, not a long string of fart jokes, you child.

SimonNZ

Now that you mention it: I often wonder what right humour even is. Left wing humour is Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah and, well, pretty much every other comedy successful comedy show or successful stand up comic. What does right wing humour look like? Does it rise much at all anywhere beyond fart jokes or braying at the suffering of others?

JBS

Simon, I fully agree with those sentiments.

But I have had quite enough of this.
As the OP here, I am locking this.

I'll leave it up to the forum moderators to decide if it should be unlocked.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Gurn Blanston

Given that the Democratic Candidates for 2020 have now dwindled to 1, I went ahead and locked this thread, let it sink into the darkness from whence it arose.  I'm sure when someone starts the inevitable Biden v. T***p thread, it will be a shining example of political discourse, suitable for the entire Interwebs to admire and attempt to emulate.   ::) 

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)