Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)

Started by kishnevi, November 09, 2016, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

As I eagerly await the brilliant, scholarly, and penetrating legal analyses that will be offered on this forum regarding the much ballyhooed Mueller Report, it is time to recognize another of the unambiguously good policy decisions made by the Trump Administration:

Government Overhaul of National Flood Insurance Cheered by Climate Resilience Experts

I love the mention that the changes could drive up flood premiums for some homeowners.  The NFIP should be eliminated, ultimately, but in the meantime, irresponsible homeowners who buy homes in high risk SFHA zones should pay higher flood premiums.  Much higher.  The stupid bastards.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

drogulus

Quote from: Todd on March 23, 2019, 06:46:28 AM
As I eagerly await the brilliant, scholarly, and penetrating legal analyses that will be offered on this forum regarding the much ballyhooed Mueller Report, it is time to recognize another of the unambiguously good policy decisions made by the Trump Administration:

Government Overhaul of National Flood Insurance Cheered by Climate Resilience Experts

I love the mention that the changes could drive up flood premiums for some homeowners.  The NFIP should be eliminated, ultimately, but in the meantime, irresponsible homeowners who buy homes in high risk SFHA zones should pay higher flood premiums.  Much higher.  The stupid bastards.

I think you are quite mistaken. This is good policy. The reasoning is like the carbon tax. Make the "stupid bastards" pay is the same as making the poisoners pay for the privilege.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Todd

Quote from: drogulus on March 23, 2019, 07:13:29 AM
     I think you are quite mistaken. This is good policy. The reasoning is like the carbon tax. Make the "stupid bastards" pay is the same as making the poisoners pay for the privilege.

You got confused again.

BasilValentine

Quote from: Todd on March 23, 2019, 06:46:28 AM

The analysis of the report can wait for the publication as far as I'm concerned.

Have to agree about those rebuilding in flood zones — except for the characterization "stupid," which would make more sense if they hadn't already gotten away with subsidized rebuilding several times.

In other news, Mexicans are stealing the wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqXgO0MFbQ

drogulus

Quote from: BasilValentine on March 23, 2019, 08:53:52 AM
The analysis of the report can wait for the publication as far as I'm concerned.

Have to agree about those rebuilding in flood zones — except for the characterization "stupid," which would make more sense if they hadn't already gotten away with subsidized rebuilding several times.

In other news, Mexicans are stealing the wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqXgO0MFbQ

Bad incentives produce bad results. As for my joke about "quite mistaken", I trust it was over some heads and not others.

The thing about quality of legal opinion is there's plenty available of sufficiently high quality to form opinions around.

My (heh) bias is for people who are fun, and funny. The world champion is Elie Mystal. His hair is.....perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZL4hGd8uhlM

Occasionally I let other than entertainment values intrude, though dry scholarly presentations mostly tell you the same thing. But if dry information overload is your bag you can watch Rachel Maddow. I mostly don't, but not because of personal animus or ideological disagreement (I am not.....petty) but because I'm not as smart as her in the way she is.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Todd

Quote from: drogulus on March 23, 2019, 11:01:59 AMAs for my joke about "quite mistaken", I trust it was over some heads and not others.

Yes, that's what it was.  Good recovery.

drogulus

Quote from: Todd on March 23, 2019, 11:03:28 AM

Yes, that's what it was.  Good recovery.

You said the Trump policy was good. I said you were wrong, it was good policy. Hilarity ensued.

Todd

Quote from: drogulus on March 23, 2019, 11:10:43 AM
     You said the Trump policy was good. I said you were wrong, it was good policy. Hilarity ensued.

Right.  Got it.

drogulus

Let's try this: Barr suckered Trump into appointing him AG by making it look to Trump (and not many others) that he would act like a loyalist. This might turn out to be the worst appointment since Henry II appointed Thomas Becket Archbishop of Canterbury.

What was Barr's motive? Did he want to be AG again so bad that he was willing to serve even with Evil Clown 1 as his boss?

Barr and Mueller are pals, so it is said. Are they "colluding" in the sense of having shared values about what's required of a public servant?

"Bill, you could write a big piece on the investigation putting all your criticisms in it, Trump will see it and offer you the AG job. You'd be confirmed easily."

"I don't know, Bob, I've done this already and working for that maniac would be a nightmare."

"That's why you have to do it. He's going to destroy the DOJ and anything else in his way to protect himself."

Maybe they talked about it, maybe they didn't. Maybe we'll never find out what the pals talked about. Maybe Barr never told anyone what he was doing. He just offered the bait, Trump took it and the evil scheme worked like a charm.

drogulus

Quote from: lisa needs braces on March 24, 2019, 05:06:04 AM

I think TrumPutin was brought by the TrumPutinists. How is it that responsibility for their schemes and lies falls on the Fire Dept. and not the arsonists?

Todd

I did my taxes this morning.  I am enjoying a ~3.5 point drop in my net federal income tax rate compared to last year.  Thank you, Mr Trump!

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Todd on March 24, 2019, 08:25:29 AM
I did my taxes this morning.  I am enjoying a ~3.5 point drop in my net federal income tax rate compared to last year.  Thank you, Mr Trump!

How's the national deficit going...... remind me? 

Todd

BasilValentine

Quote from: lisa needs braces on March 24, 2019, 05:06:04 AM

What brought us Trump/Putin was a criminal regime in Russia finding their ill-gotten assets under threat after their murder of internal opponents (like Magnistky) led to international sanctions, and who then found it advantageous for these and other reasons to help elevate a clown to the U.S. presidency. The clown in question was beholden to them economically, actively seeking Kremlin approval for lucrative real estate deals throughout his campaign and beyond, not to mention illicit profits for laundering Russian money and for the Russians' possible backing of otherwise inexplicable billions loaned to him by Deutsche Bank (the backers also could have been Saudi, Emirate, etc.). Paul Manafort and two members of Trump's family helped Trump/Putin along by meeting to discuss the exchange of dirt on HRC for future relief from the Magnitsky Act. Michael Flynn continued these discussions with Russian operatives. Roger Stone conspired with the actors responsible for leaking the Hillary dirt. Meanwhile, Trump's top two campaign officials aided the Russian efforts directly by providing them with internal RNC polling data on key districts in swing states, which was then put to work in troll farms outside St. Petersburg and elsewhere. The Trump campaign officials have been indicted or jailed, along with their Russian collaborators, as have Michael Flynn and Roger Stone. These, among other indicted or convicted criminal associates of Donald Trump, brought us Trump/Putin. Trump helped to cover up their conspiracies.

JBS

Quote from: Todd on March 24, 2019, 08:25:29 AM

And my tax rate was about the same, since I am in a relatively low income bracket that the GOP didn't seem to feel needed an actual tax cut.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

JBS

Quote from: BasilValentine on March 24, 2019, 09:51:26 AM
What brought us Trump/Putin was a criminal regime in Russia finding their ill-gotten assets under threat after their murder of internal opponents (like Magnistky) led to international sanctions, and who then found it advantageous for these and other reasons to help elevate a clown to the U.S. presidency. The clown in question was beholden to them economically, actively seeking Kremlin approval for lucrative real estate deals throughout his campaign and beyond, not to mention illicit profits for laundering Russian money and for the Russians' possible backing of otherwise inexplicable billions loaned to him by Deutsche Bank (the backers also could have been Saudi, Emirate, etc.). Paul Manafort and two members of Trump's family helped Trump/Putin along by meeting to discuss the exchange of dirt on HRC for future relief from the Magnitsky Act. Michael Flynn continued these discussions with Russian operatives. Roger Stone conspired with the actors responsible for leaking the Hillary dirt. Meanwhile, Trump's top two campaign officials aided the Russian efforts directly by providing them with internal RNC polling data on key districts in swing states, which was then put to work in troll farms outside St. Petersburg and elsewhere. The Trump campaign officials have been indicted or jailed, along with their Russian collaborators, as have Michael Flynn and Roger Stone. These, among other indicted or convicted criminal associates of Donald Trump, brought us Trump/Putin. Trump helped to cover up their conspiracies.

Basil,  you're trying to persuade people with facts.  That doesn't work with people whose entire political agenda is based on denying facts.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Todd

SimonNZ

Not enough evidence of obstruction apparently. Which makes one wonder how much more would be enough.

drogulus

Mueller found that none of the crimes amounted to the campaign conspiring with Russia. That's cool. I have no interest in seeing prosecutions where no crimes are found. Meanwhile prosecutions for Russia related crimes will continue as they have. Lying to investigators about Russia for money reasons is as illegal as lying about helping Russia rig an election. If more people in the Trump inner circle are indicted on adoption related crimes it will be small comfort that at least it didn't amount to the campaign doing it.