Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)

Started by kishnevi, November 09, 2016, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Quote from: sanantonio on November 10, 2016, 09:53:29 AM
Guiliani's quote is certainly not what he should be saying, I agree.

since he's going to be one of your heroes, let's help you.

his name is Giuliani.

and if you're looking for him: he's up Trump's ass.

Ghost Sonata

I like Conor71's "I  like old Music" signature.

Karl Henning

Trump's proposed tax cut will be one of the largest ever, possibly reducing federal revenues by more than $6 trillion in the next decade. His plan is in line with tax cuts envisioned by House Speaker Paul Ryan. Although taxes would be cut at every level, "the highest-income taxpayers would receive the biggest cuts, both in dollar terms and as a percentage of income," according to the Tax Policy Center. The richest 0.1 percent of the country would save, on average, more than $1 million.

What does that have to do with the poor? Well, the massive size of the proposed Trump tax is significant, because House Republicans are also calling for a balanced budget.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

snyprrr

I'm late to the party-

Power was cut for three days and three nights- I'm only just now being able to get my troll on

PLEASE- someone direct me to the nearest schadenfruede opportunity here!! I am craving the salty sweet delicious tears of a millennial snowflake's heartbreak, or even a Depends filled with an aged libtard's broken constitution. Please help me achieve my goal of laughing at at least one person per minute for the next three weeks.

Thank you. 0:)

Hillary 2016

Karl Henning

Quote from: snyprrr on November 10, 2016, 11:03:55 AM
I'm late to the party-

Power was cut for three days and three nights- I'm only just now being able to get my troll on

PLEASE- someone direct me to the nearest schadenfruede opportunity here!! I am craving the salty sweet delicious tears of a millennial snowflake's heartbreak, or even a Depends filled with an aged libtard's broken constitution. Please help me achieve my goal of laughing at at least one person per minute for the next three weeks.

Thank you. 0:)

Hillary 2016

Apply here: https://www.greatagain.gov/index.html
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: snyprrr on November 10, 2016, 11:03:55 AM
Hillary 2016

Quote from: Callum BorchersAs conservative news outlets bask in the glow of Trump's victory, many appear to be losing their once-ravenous appetites for probes and prosecutions of his vanquished political foe. It looks like the desire to "investigate her from now until kingdom come," as The Washington Post's Abby Phillip put it on CNN early on Election Day, was predicated on the assumption that Clinton would win.

After all, miring President Clinton in scandal could have been an effective way to undermine her agenda and set her up for defeat in four years. But what would be the purpose of dogging private citizen Clinton? The potential reward just isn't as great.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: sanantonio on November 10, 2016, 09:53:29 AM
Guiliani's quote is certainly not what he should be saying, I agree.

My word, a concession. Will wonders never cease.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: sanantonio on November 10, 2016, 10:38:46 AM
I pretty much agree with Laura Ingraham in this article:

Donald J. Trump didn't just win the presidency — he demonstrated that the political leadership of this country completely failed the people. And he led the people to reject the old liberal dinosaurs once and for all.

[...]

During the transition, he should go to the big cities in Blue America — especially New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco — and he should make clear that he is going to be president for everyone. Trump should make very clear that his policies are designed to help all Americans, and that he will not stop until he has ended the distinction between the red states and the blue states.

A pleasantly grandiose fantasy. He's already in New York, sequestered in his vulgar gold-plated mansion while angry crowds are gathered on 5th Avenue, and I doubt he's going to make anything clear to them anytime soon.

Parsifal

The "Trump is not my president" demonstration is stupid. It just gives Trump cover to ignore the constituencies that did not support him. They need to acknowledge that he is their president, and hold his feet to the fire for everything he does that is detrimental to the exercise of their rights as U.S. Citizens. This includes failure to protect their right to equal protection under the law, huge tax cuts which will dramatically increase the deficit and prevent the government from fulfilling its obligations in education, public health, etc, or military adventures that cause loss of life.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: sanantonio on November 10, 2016, 09:35:02 AM
Shit.  That is the speech he gave before the protests began - Wednesday morning.  What he said was good, and something I have now posted TWICE.  But he needs to call for non-violence now, AFTER it has occurred..

It's from an article of him when he met Trump today. Here is the link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-makes-first-white-house-visit-as-president-elect-180707756.html
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Brian

Since SA is so alarmed about violence:

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: sanantonio on November 10, 2016, 12:26:16 PM
Okay.  It was very similar to what he said Wednesday:

"Yesterday, before votes were tallied, I shot a video that some of you may have seen in which I said to the American people, regardless of which side you were on in the election, regardless of whether your candidate won or lost, the sun would come up in the morning."

"Now, everybody is sad when their side loses an election, but the day after we have to remember that we're actually all on one team. This is an intramural scrimmage. We're not Democrats first. We're not Republicans first. We are Americans first. We're patriots first."

However, he did not address the violent protests.

By implication those remarks did. Has your beloved president-elect addressed the violence against Muslims, gays, and blacks documented by Brian above? No, I didn't think so.

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: sanantonio on November 10, 2016, 12:53:09 PM
a) He made those remarks Wednesday morning before the protests were reported.  Let me get this straight, are you saying that you think it is unnecessary for Democratic leaders to come out and denounce the violence?

b) I do think Trump should call for calm and denounce the violence against gays, Muslims and others.  Of course he should.

a) Wednesday morning, Wednesday evening. So what?
b) The ball's in his court now. Time for him to step up to the plate. Unfortunately his problem now is to quell the very emotions and anger he himself fomented in order to get the prize.

Turner

QuoteThe extraordinary meeting was a reflection of the swift and sudden change in the political mood between the frenzied last days of an election campaign and the reality of government and the transition of power between two administrations that follows.

Speculations here are that the now quieter Trump might be related to him receiving a bit of news from the latest security briefings (for example regarding Russia etc.) and other factual information.
However, the Obama couple did cancel a photo session with Trump and his wife.

snyprrr

Clinton's gonna try have T sassynated and win the runoff with Pence before Electoral College convenes on Nov.18

snyprrr

Farange to Trump: when you meet Theresa May, please don't grab her pussy! ;)

John Copeland

Quote from: snyprrr on November 10, 2016, 02:40:25 PM
Farange to Trump: when you meet Theresa May, please don't grab her pussy! ;)

What an event that would be.  He would be sucked in, never to be seen again, I'm afraid... :P  And his name is Farage, not Farange? $:)

(poco) Sforzando

From the evil New York Times:
"Updated, 8:37 p.m. | Donald J. Trump said Thursday that transgender people should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they feel most comfortable with — including at Trump Tower in New York.

Dipping into a contentious issue by taking a stand many Republicans oppose, Mr. Trump told a town-hall-style event, hosted by NBC's "Today" show at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, that when people go to the restroom, they should "use the bathroom they feel is appropriate."

Now this is kind of interesting. To those who are freaked out of their minds by this bathroom issue, this will be seen as a betrayal of hard-line Conservative morality. To those who like the plumbing and myself couldn't care less, it is a position to applaud. Either way, the country will remain divided in this all-important issue.

I'll never forget the intermission at the Met many years ago when the ladies' room line was apparently longer than usual, and a poor woman was evidently in agony. Her husband ushered her into the men's room to do her business. The sky didn't fall. The performance went on. The guys waiting on line raised no protests. Three cheers for unisex.

One small point for Donald Trujmp.

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: snyprrr on November 10, 2016, 02:39:22 PM
Clinton's gonna try have T sassynated and win the runoff with Pence before Electoral College convenes on Nov.18
I am good with that.

BasilValentine

I'm alarmed at suggestions above to impose term limits for legislators. Sufficient means to accomplish this already exist and limiting the choices of voters is a cheap and bad fix to more complex issues.