Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)

Started by kishnevi, November 09, 2016, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

Quote from: 71 dB on March 14, 2019, 09:54:54 AM
Kulinski is a leftist looked through the Overton window positioned far right. If the Overton window was where it should be, Kulinski would look pretty centrist. Kyle Kulinski is a prime example of someone who bases his opinions on facts and he can defend his positions very well. In Politicon 2018 Scottie Nell Hughes was the only one brave enough to debate Kyle Kulinski:

https://www.youtube.com/v/_0H-8b_aSco

The video is 55 minutes so I don't expect you to suffer that much, but if you are curious...

He advocates leftism because what he represent is labeled leftist in the US. He advocated it to make the US better. To remove money on politics to restore democracy instead of current oligarchy. To give people healthcare like every other developped country. To give all Americans equal opportunities (not equal outcomes) with tuition free education. To legalize, tax and regulate drugs to minimize drug related problems in society, to end unnecessory wars and directing half of the military budget on the infrastructure in the US and so on. To make life better for most Americans. You maybe think it's a bad thing to advocate something that benefits most Americans. I don't. I think that's what any sane and democratic society should be doing.

Maybe before Trump won and I didn't pay that much attention to American politics I was as clueless as you think I am today, but it seems it's you who hasn't been paying attention.

You betray your bias when you talk about "where the Overton Window should be".  You agree with Kulinski, so you accept his assertions as facts.  In truth, if he were interested in facts he would admit that most of his proposals would not benefit most Americans. We don't need tuition free college to have equal opportunities. We need instead elementary and secondary schools that give a quality education to every one. (Something that conservatives are concerned about, but apparently not the Left.)  And so on through his list, which of course are all ideas that result in government bureaucrats making decisions about people's lives

BTW,
Quoteto end unnecessary wars and directing half of the military budget on the infrastructure
Is classic paleoconservativism.  If you knew even half as much as you think you do about American politics, you would not need me to tell you that.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

drogulus

Quote from: JBS on March 14, 2019, 06:14:33 PM
In truth, if he were interested in facts he would admit that most of his proposals would not benefit most Americans. We don't need tuition free college to have equal opportunities.

I'm interested in facts and I'm aware we never stopped needing tuition free college like we used to have, and that loading debt on students has been personally harmful for them and bad for everyone. Excessive private debt does damage to the whole economy. This was stupid stupid policy, just one big element to create a generation that has no chance to do better than their parents. Our (fewer) grandchildren will not thank us for such abysmal economic theorizing that decided saving dollars by not creating them for public purposes would benefit them. We turned our backs on centuries of building to grow for this?

Stephanie Kelton asks a question of people skeptical of her ideas. It has 2 parts.

If you could push a button and make the national debt disappear, would you push it? You know what the deep thinkers say. They say yes.

If you could push a button and make all the Treasury bonds disappear, would you push it? No one says yes. Most people don't know what to say.

Of course, it's the same button.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

JBS

Quote from: drogulus on March 14, 2019, 06:29:42 PM

I'm interested in facts and I'm aware we never stopped needing tuition free college like we used to have, and that loading debt on students has been personally harmful for them and bad for everyone. Excessive private debt does damage to the whole economy. This was stupid stupid policy, just one big element to create a generation that has no chance to do better than their parents. Our (fewer) grandchildren will not thank us for such abysmal economic theorizing that decided saving dollars by not creating them for public purposes would benefit them. We turned our backs on centuries of building to grow for this?

Wrong diagnosis. The problem is that everyone has been trained to think for decades that a college degree is essential to success, whether or not the student is suited for college.  That is also the source of the debt problem.  And college tuition was never free (unless you were a vet benefiting from the GI Bill.)

drogulus

Quote from: JBS on March 14, 2019, 06:34:54 PM
Wrong diagnosis. The problem is that everyone has been trained to think for decades that a college degree is essential to success, whether or not the student is suited for college.  That is also the source of the debt problem.  And college tuition was never free (unless you were a vet benefiting from the GI Bill.)

College degrees are more essential than they used to be when we supported students more. This generation is not less suited to the level of education they'll need and they don't need less. That's just another excuse to "save dollars" that no one saves. Let's not spend the money, ignore the damage, then make up a pitiful excuse about how too many people want higher education.

We shifted costs from public to private on a bad theory. Private debt does the damage public debt relieves or prevents. You can't be an economist with a job that requires you to be right without knowing the relationship between private credit conditions and the level of public support.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

71 dB

Quote from: JBS on March 14, 2019, 06:14:33 PM
You betray your bias when you talk about "where the Overton Window should be".  You agree with Kulinski, so you accept his assertions as facts.  In truth, if he were interested in facts he would admit that most of his proposals would not benefit most Americans. We don't need tuition free college to have equal opportunities. We need instead elementary and secondary schools that give a quality education to every one. (Something that conservatives are concerned about, but apparently not the Left.)  And so on through his list, which of course are all ideas that result in government bureaucrats making decisions about people's lives

BTW, Is classic paleoconservativism.  If you knew even half as much as you think you do about American politics, you would not need me to tell you that.

You are hopeless! Of course tuition free education is needed so rich and poor are on the same line! That's equal opportutity
70 % support medicare for all despite constant smearing in corporate media. Of course medicare for all would benefit most Americans! If you pay less and you are covered without conditions it's superior to what is now. Sick Help sick help. That's how it should be. Of course tuition free education help when you don't have horrible dept! To say most Americans would not benefit is crazy. Overton Window should not be where 1 % screws 99 %!!

Who cares if it's paleoconservativism.(?) It's rational and needed! Paleoconservatives tend to oppose abortion and gay marriage. The left is pro choice and gay marriage so the fact that paleoconservativist are not empire builders doesn't make the left that.

Kulinski's opinions are VERY MUCH based on FACTS! Tell me even ONE thing that is against facts!
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

71 dB

I am so frustrated about everything! On every FUCKING board some ASSHOLE tells me I don't know what I am talking about! WHAT is the point of educating yourself about anything IF you this is what you get?? I follow American politics practially EVERY day, hours of YOUTUBE!!! An then assholes tell me I don't know anything!! As a Finn I see what's fucked up in America (and so MUCH is!!) so shut the fuck up fucking assholes!! you watch corporate shit media you are brainwashed to conseervatism and you are moronic religious assholes!!!! shut the fucj tupo!!

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: 71 dB on March 14, 2019, 08:12:08 PM
I am so frustrated about everything! On every FUCKING board some ASSHOLE tells me I don't know what I am talking about! WHAT is the point of educating yourself about anything IF you this is what you get?? I follow American politics practially EVERY day, hours of YOUTUBE!!! An then assholes tell me I don't know anything!! As a Finn I see what's fucked up in America (and so MUCH is!!) so shut the fuck up fucking assholes!! you watch corporate shit media you are brainwashed to conseervatism and you are moronic religious assholes!!!! shut the fucj tupo!!

Leaving aside the question of why you are so interested in American politics, you know a lot, but you don't have context, so some aspects elude you. For what it's worth, there are U.S. citizens on this thread who strike me as more clueless than you are on many aspects of American Life.

One thing to consider is that the national government in the U.S. is not as dominant as in many counties, especially smaller countries. The 50 states have a lot of control of their environment and things are very different depending on where you live. Even Medicaid is a Federal/State program and is different in the various states. I'm in California, and it seems likely that California will have Universal Health care at some point in the not so distant future, even if it is not implemented nationally. But despite the fact that California is probably the most progressive state in the country, there are many things here that are more screwed up than almost anywhere else. For instance, primary schools here are widely underfunded, and extremely high housing costs have resulted in a crisis of homelessness. Texas has many problems, such as a very high rate of people with no health insurance, but they enjoy much affordable housing environment and very good employment opportunities. It is a heterogeneous environment.

71 dB

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on March 14, 2019, 10:04:37 PM
Leaving aside the question of why you are so interested in American politics,

Before Trump's victory I wasn't that interested. Since the US is the most powerful country in the World, what happens there is talked about everywhere in the world. Trump triggred my interest: How did Hillary lost? I was clueless of Hillary's corruption and how hated she was. I was clueless about the corruption, especially with the Democrats which in Europe are seen as the "good guys." If I saw the US as a great nation before I knew better, now I see the US an utterly corrupted terrorist nation. In fact the worst terrorist nation followed by Israel and Saudi-Arabia. In comparison Russia doesn't seem that bad anymore. The US is the most powerful country in the World using English so I can understand the language and what Americans say. The US is in some respects very different from other "western developped countries" which is interesting in itself.

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on March 14, 2019, 10:04:37 PMyou know a lot, but you don't have context, so some aspects elude you. For what it's worth, there are U.S. citizens on this thread who strike me as more clueless than you are on many aspects of American Life.

Sure, there are a lot of things I don't know as I don't live in the US and I have been following the politics for about two and a half years more actively. However, they are merely details and what I think I do understand well is what has been happening in the US politics the last 4 years of so (the broader picture and trend of things). Outsiders like me have the benefit of seeing fast what's odd. The media in Finland is so different from what it is in the US. Sure, the right-wing media in Finland does smear the left, but it's VERY subtle compared to the US so that for me the smearing in the US is GIGANTIC when my eyes have been trained to detect 1000 times milder things. For me everything Fox News* hosts says is extremely devious. Even on "lefty" MSNBC devious things are said. In the US homophobic racists like Roy Moore almost win elections. In Finland mild racism from the mouth of a politician means there is hell to pay and some politicians have been fined for writing racistic things on social media.

*Recently I learned that Fox News was originally created to destroy the Democratic Party. Trying to do that they have almost destroyed the whole country... ...for Americans I really recommend following the lefty independent media. There are a lot of options and you can choose which it the least annoying  ;D Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk has turned many conservatives into lefty progressives with his intellectual honesty and relentless repeat of the facts and how they support his views. He is my favorite, but there are many others too.

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on March 14, 2019, 10:04:37 PMOne thing to consider is that the national government in the U.S. is not as dominant as in many counties, especially smaller countries. The 50 states have a lot of control of their environment and things are very different depending on where you live.

I am aware of that. Massachusetts is very different from Alabama. Depending on the issue the states have the rights to decide themselves according to the Republicans.  ;D

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on March 14, 2019, 10:04:37 PMEven Medicaid is a Federal/State program and is different in the various states. I'm in California, and it seems likely that California will have Universal Health care at some point in the not so distant future, even if it is not implemented nationally. But despite the fact that California is probably the most progressive state in the country, there are many things here that are more screwed up than almost anywhere else. For instance, primary schools here are widely underfunded, and extremely high housing costs have resulted in a crisis of homelessness. Texas has many problems, such as a very high rate of people with no health insurance, but they enjoy much affordable housing environment and very good employment opportunities. It is a heterogeneous environment.

I know about the school/housing problems in California because the lefties I follow talk about these issues. Due to money in politics and how the media favors corporate politicians the most progressive state keeps re-electing corrupted non-progressives like Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein.

I know Americans don't trust the government as much as Europeans do and for a good reason, but it's all corruption. If you remove the corruption (money in politics) and restore democracy you CAN trust the government. 

Rinaldo

71 dB

Quote from: Rinaldo on March 15, 2019, 05:17:25 AM

I don't have a cat so nobody stopped me. Sorry about the meltdown, but my life has been crap.

Rinaldo

Quote from: 71 dB on March 15, 2019, 05:48:09 AM
I don't have a cat so nobody stopped me. Sorry about the meltdown, but my life has been crap.

I feel ya. And I understand your frustration. Don't let it take over your decency, it's not worth it.

drogulus

Lindsey Graham: Don't Make Mueller Report Public Without Setting Up Special Counsel to Probe Hillary's Emails

My advice to Dems is call his bluff and vote yes. Recommend that Hillary be investigated more more more on anything anyone wants to investigate her about. This poison pill has no actual poison in it. Whitewater! Benghazi! Uranium 1,2,3 to infinity!!

71 dB

Quote from: Rinaldo on March 15, 2019, 06:08:26 AM
I feel ya. And I understand your frustration. Don't let it take over your decency, it's not worth it.

Thanks, I'm feeling better today. I need to learn not to get triggered by people like JBS.

drogulus

Quote from: 71 dB on March 15, 2019, 09:10:08 AM
Thanks, I'm feeling better today. I need to learn not to get triggered by people like JBS.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. For the life of me, I don't know why.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: drogulus on March 15, 2019, 09:17:18 AM
     I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. For the life of me, I don't know why.

Don't know why he feels better, or don't know why you're glad?

drogulus

drogulus

Cohen may have lied about his pardon negotiations with the WH danglers. Let's compile a witness list.

JBS

Quote from: 71 dB on March 15, 2019, 09:10:08 AM

I am sorry I triggered you. But you need to understand three things: 1) the US system is institutionally tilted to the Right, and anyone more progressive than Pelosi and Feinstein (who are progressives in US terms) won't beat Trump.  2)The sources you rely on are biased, one sided, and as capable of distorting facts as anyone else. Be as skeptical of them as you are of Fox and CNN, and you will begin to have a better understanding of things. 3)Money is central to politics, because politics is about who controls money and power. The only way to get money out of politics is to abolish both money and politics.  Anyone who pretends otherwise can be assumed to be trying to scam their way to power.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: JBS on March 15, 2019, 01:23:24 PM
I am sorry I triggered you. But you need to understand three things: 1) the US system is institutionally tilted to the Right, and anyone more progressive than Pelosi and Feinstein (who are progressives in US terms) won't beat Trump.  2)The sources you rely on are biased, one sided, and as capable of distorting facts as anyone else. Be as skeptical of them as you are of Fox and CNN, and you will begin to have a better understanding of things. 3)Money is central to politics, because politics is about who controls money and power. The only way to get money out of politics is to abolish both money and politics.  Anyone who pretends otherwise can be assumed to be trying to scam their way to power.

And you claim to be less clueless than 71dB? :)

drogulus

Trump's Breitbart Biker Threat Came From the Putin Playbook—Then Tweet Deleted After Mosque Massacre

Are threats of violence not Presidential? Let's ask Vladdy, he's a President. He knows people, bikers, police, tourists who love tall spires etc.

I have to wonder how much advice Trump gets directly from his friend. The parallels seems too orchestrated to be merely a case of like minds threatening alike.