Duplicate Rheinberger for sale

Started by johnQpublic, April 15, 2007, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnQpublic

Hey Gang,

A couple of months ago, I bought a Signum CD (SIG X60-00*) that features orchestral music of Rheinberger from an Amazon Marketplace scumbag who hid the fact that it contained NO booklet.

Well, last month I bought a second copy with a booklet from an ArkivMusic sale, so I'd like to sell the first one.

I'll be glad to Xerox the booklet. The disc itself plays fine.

$3 plus $2 for shipping in the US. If outside the US, let me first see how much shipping will be before finalizing the total. PAYPAL only.

PM me if interested.

johnQpublic

No offers yet.

I'll wait a week or two and then make one final message to offer it before I just toss it in the garbage.

Szykneij

Quote from: johnQpublic on April 22, 2007, 06:59:59 AM
No offers yet.

I'll wait a week or two and then make one final message to offer it before I just toss it in the garbage.

Why wouldn't you give it to someone?
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

johnQpublic

Well, I guess I'm looking at it from an economic perspective only. I'm already out about $10 bucks for getting the original without a booklet and if I give it away then mailing it someone free puts me in a larger negative flow. Selling for a few $$ offsets some of my loss.

But now you've gone and laid a moral perspective on me....gee thanks.  ;)

Szykneij

Quote from: johnQpublic on April 24, 2007, 08:16:37 PM
But now you've gone and laid a moral perspective on me....gee thanks.  ;)

No problem  ;)

What I really meant, though, was instead of tossing it, why not give it to someone you know who might appreciate hearing something different? Clearly, it's a recording you enjoy, so maybe you can share your enjoyment with someone you work with or a family member who otherwise might never be exposed to that type of music.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Harry

Well I would love to have it, but sending it to Europe will cost almost as much, as if buying here.
So there you are.
And gee PayPal, how to work that thing? ;D

johnQpublic

Quote from: Szykniej on April 26, 2007, 02:30:18 AMwhy not give it to someone you know who might appreciate hearing something different?

Gee...I'm almost humbled by your thought....it's really a nice idea....though I'm a cheap enough bastard that I'd rather sell it.  ;)

And if Harry doesn't know how Paypal works then birds don't know how to sing.  ;D

Harry

Quote from: johnQpublic on April 26, 2007, 06:22:35 PM
Gee...I'm almost humbled by your thought....it's really a nice idea....though I'm a cheap enough bastard that I'd rather sell it.  ;)

And if Harry doesn't know how Paypal works then birds don't know how to sing.  ;D

Well hello, what's this govenor?
I will send my aggressive parrot to you, he doesn't like to see me offended.
But serious matter now, I let these things to people that are eminently respectable in that quarter, so my wife handles this business with money and bookings. That's why I don't know! ;D

karlhenning

Quote from: Harry on April 27, 2007, 09:43:34 AM
I will send my aggressive parrot to you, he doesn't like to see me offended.

Well, here it is: Harry's taken off the gloves  ;D

Harry

Quote from: karlhenning on April 27, 2007, 09:49:21 AM
Well, here it is: Harry's taken off the gloves  ;D

But just for a minute, mind! :)

Szykneij

Quote from: Harry on April 26, 2007, 03:05:42 AM

And gee PayPal, how to work that thing? ;D

Harry, I'll be happy to teach you how to do it. Just transfer all your money to me and I'll take care of it. 

:)

karlhenning

You can trust Tony, Harry; he's from Massachusetts  >:(

Harry

Quote from: Szykniej on April 27, 2007, 11:10:37 AM
Harry, I'll be happy to teach you how to do it. Just transfer all your money to me and I'll take care of it. 

:)

My wife says NO! ;D

Harry

Quote from: karlhenning on April 27, 2007, 11:15:19 AM
You can trust Tony, Harry; he's from Massachusetts  >:(

Where's that, huh, South west Alaska? :)

karlhenning

And they say Americans have no sense of geography . . . .  ;D

Harry

Quote from: karlhenning on April 27, 2007, 11:59:09 AM
And they say Americans have no sense of geography . . . .  ;D

That's why I have a road computer in my car, you know what I just try and enter it and start driving.
Is it very far? ;D