Finale 2012 problem

Started by Kontrapunctus, September 30, 2016, 08:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kontrapunctus

I haven't used Finale in a long time due to loss of inspiration, but I want to try again. Since my last composition, I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I get no audio. When I try the "Test Audio Output" button, I do get a sound, but not when I want to hear a score. Any suggestions? Thank you. I have an HP Pavilion HPE if that matters.

rcstaats

Finale is listed as compatible with Windows 10, but you might need to adjust the compatibility settings.  On the sound specifically, it depends on how you are routing the sound.  Under the Studio View, try different configurations for playing the parts.  Also, check out the sound mixer and ensure Finale is not muted there.

Kontrapunctus

Old files will play, just not new ones. I came up with a workaround by deleting all the notes in an old file, saving it as a new one, then I start inputting new notes. A pain, but it works. Thanks for your suggestions.

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Toccata&Fugue on November 04, 2016, 09:28:21 AM
Old files will play, just not new ones. I came up with a workaround by deleting all the notes in an old file, saving it as a new one, then I start inputting new notes. A pain, but it works. Thanks for your suggestions.

Have you contacted MakeMusic tech support?
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."