"The Force Awakens" is the WORST movie of all time

Started by lisa needs braces, December 26, 2016, 02:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on December 29, 2016, 07:11:56 AM
I might be a minority but I don't even think any of the Star Wars movies outside of the Phantom Menace are actually any fun.

The original ones are really corny, the acting phony and contrived, fight scenes laughable and amateurish. The whirling Jedi swords, gimme a break.

The new ones feature H. Christensen and N. Portman as total miscasts with zero chemistry between them and even worst dialogue and fight scenes than the original.

Just a real chore to watch any of them.

I had a good time watching the first movie back at the time of its first release (which I probably went to see no more than twice).  I also saw the second and third movie (earnestly looking forward to the second, in the spirit of the endeavor you see, but already feeling less like I was looking forward to the third, than that it was a bit of an obligation . . . gotta keep up with the soaps, you know).  I felt that Sir Alec knew his business, when he had Lucas write his character out of the narrative.  The best piece of dialogue in the second movie turned out to be the line Harrison Ford improvised ("I know").  I felt immediately upon seeing the huge puppet that Jabba the Hutt worked much better as an unseen menace in the wings, than as a bloated albino Yoda with pustules, right there on the big screen.

So, wooden acting and leaden dialogue notwithstanding, Lucas more or less had my ear with the first movie, but gradually worked me loose from any artistic attachment over the remainder of the trilogy.  The Ewoks and their hit single were so clearly there solely for merchandising, it was a great joke on the public, but little more.  And the last movie struck me as little more than an average Outer Limits episode with much better production values.

So belatedly like yourself, I need never watch them ever again.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: 71 dB on December 29, 2016, 08:02:12 AM
I have been sick for several days now and that's why I am not very friendly. Thread about Star Wars always make me angry. I should stay away.

Feel better, Poju!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

The new erato

Quote from: 71 dB on December 29, 2016, 08:02:12 AM
I have been sick for several days now and that's why I am not very friendly. Thread about Star Wars always make me angry. I should stay away.
Here's one for your health as well!

Ans I saw Rogue One yesterday and nfound it quite enjoyable, though I wasn't particularly fond of the 3D version we (mistakenly) bought tickets for.

Ken B

Quote from: 71 dB on December 29, 2016, 04:55:52 AM
Anyway, I don't care what you think.
Didn't we have an entire thread when someone didn't care about your opinion?  ::)

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

71 dB

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 30, 2016, 04:57:16 AM
Feel better, Poju!
Thanks, after a few bad days I am feeling better...

Quote from: The new erato on December 30, 2016, 05:04:00 AM
Here's one for your health as well!

Ans I saw Rogue One yesterday and nfound it quite enjoyable, though I wasn't particularly fond of the 3D version we (mistakenly) bought tickets for.

Thanks!

I avoid 3D, because it makes the picture darker and forces one keep 3D-glasses. Also, 3D-movies should have infinite depth of field. 2D is better for now.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: Ken B on December 30, 2016, 06:01:17 AM
It delegates that task to the audience.
I watched all of them...its like I really didn't want to watch the last one...but hell I have come this far.