What music would you like played at your funeral?

Started by Michel, August 13, 2007, 11:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahlertitan

Quote from: rach on August 15, 2007, 02:37:05 PM
Andante from M6 or adagio from M5???

surely, you must've meant "Adagietto" from M5

bhodges

Thanks for the correction: yes, the Andante movement from the Sixth.  (Sorry, got distracted by the chorus in Peter Grimes;D)

I love the Adagietto from the Fifth, but the slow movements from Nos. 4 and 6 are my favorites. 

--Bruce

Choo Choo

Vivaldi Concerto Funebre RV579.  Mixes sadness and joyfulness in just the right proportions.

Anne

I have enjoyed this thread but it seems like it's always music for funerals.  How about music for your marriage?

mahlertitan

Quote from: Anne on August 15, 2007, 06:40:27 PM
I have enjoyed this thread but it seems like it's always music for funerals.  How about music for your marriage?

that would be too easy (thinking about a certain mozart opera)

Iago

Quote from: Anne on August 15, 2007, 06:40:27 PM

To some people, music for a marriage would be exactly the same as music for a funeral.
"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected

TheJoe

Bonehelm

val

GUILLAUME DE MACHAUT:    Rondeau "Ma fin est mon commencement". By the Hilliard Ensemble.

BachQ

Kullervo

Quote from: D Minor on August 16, 2007, 03:11:53 AM
Marche Funèbre by Cherubini

A little extravagant, don't you think? The tam-tam would scare the old women.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Iago on August 15, 2007, 08:14:56 PM
To some people, music for a marriage would be exactly the same as music for a funeral.

Gustav Mahler

loudav

I've never thought of this before, but I think I'd go with the shakuhachi piece Kokuu, if I have any say in the matter.

Dundonnell

The last movement of Mahler's Symphony No.2-so beautiful, tear-inducing but uplifting,

AND-if I can get away with a second bit at the cherry-

the final 'Chorus Misticus" from Liszt's Faust Symphony. Now there is a piece of music to raise the rafters!