Future blind comparisons

Started by amw, February 02, 2017, 03:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select one

The blind comparison is dead. Let it rest in peace.
2 (8.7%)
The blind comparison isn't dead, I just don't wanna do any more of them myself, but I'm happy to watch and make fun of you guys for eliminating Knappertsbusch's Ring in Round One
6 (26.1%)
I'm ok with participating in another blind comparison, under the following conditions: _______
11 (47.8%)
I'm already planning to organise another blind comparison!
0 (0%)
I literally don't care. Leave me alone.
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

TheGSMoeller

I'm up for possibly hosting another one. I was thinking of Haydn's 45th, Farewell Symphony. I think I currently have 15 recordings of the work, and what I believe would be interesting is to see how the mix of modern and period instruments fare in the comparisons.

Mahlerian

Would anyone be interested in a comparison of recordings of Schoenberg's Violin Concerto?  I have several and could get one or two more to facilitate comparison, but I have to know that there's some level of interest before I jump in.
"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

Brian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on March 15, 2017, 09:14:47 AM
I'm up for possibly hosting another one. I was thinking of Haydn's 45th, Farewell Symphony. I think I currently have 15 recordings of the work, and what I believe would be interesting is to see how the mix of modern and period instruments fare in the comparisons.
oooh!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Mahlerian on March 30, 2017, 04:33:30 PM
Would anyone be interested in a comparison of recordings of Schoenberg's Violin Concerto?  I have several and could get one or two more to facilitate comparison, but I have to know that there's some level of interest before I jump in.

But are there enough recordings to warrant a blind comparison?

Mahlerian

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 31, 2017, 08:39:02 AM
But are there enough recordings to warrant a blind comparison?

I have four on hand, and I could easily get a few others.
"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg