Author Topic: Myers Briggs  (Read 2738 times)

Offline greg

• Veteran member
Re: Myers Briggs
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2020, 12:32:43 PM »
8 question test for enneagram tritype.

http://enneagramuserguide.com/enneagram-tests/tritype-wing

The idea is to separate the Head, Heart, and Gut and find one out of the three types for each. Then order it based on priority.

My tritype, after taking the quiz and reading some descriptions, seems to be 5 4 1.

Pretty cool to know this, was wondering which it would be, 8, 9, or 1? But feeling very confident now about it being 1.

It can be a bit tricky to get a description, but if anyone took this quiz I could do some research for ya.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »
You know, I kinda think it's better to ignore the silly rules and just read about all the types and then put them in order from most comfortable to least comfortable.

For me:
5 4 1 7 8 6 9 3 2

For type 2 those people would be butlers, waiters or nurses, the most undesirable jobs IMO.

The attention to detail, receptivity to customers and gentleness needed would be undoable for me.

Here's what being a professional waiter at a fancy Japanese restaurant looks like. Watching it makes me want to go to the kitchen and smash dishes, it's almost painful to imagine having to do this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVHHTQco_A&t=739s

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2020, 01:33:54 PM »
I kinda have a suspicion that you could make some sort of visual model out of this:

5 4 1 7 8 6 9 3 2
Like, say, the first two numbers are auto-pilot, unconscious behavior, your comfort zone.

Then the next 5 are things that are doable, personas you can adopt, or masks you can wear in order to succeed at some goal. It's the conscious mind. It takes some energy away, but its doable.

And the last two are like the Jungian shadow, encompassing behaviors which are very hard to even imitate, and basically impossible to actually be.

I can see type 3 as well being impossible for me, it is the archetype of the image-conscious corporate businessman, something I can't even pretend to be. Though it is not quite as bad as type 2. These types relate alot to the extroverted decider functions, Fe and Te, a lot, IMO, and even in MBTI they call that your shadow if they are your shadow functions.

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 06:23:41 PM »
No one wants to take the enneagram quiz, I see  :'(

Btw, I have discovered the best one thanks to someone sharing it today. Would recommend this one above the others.

(attached image)

https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2

Pretty fascinating how consistent my results are, despite taking many different versions of the test.

(Btw, maybe I have misunderstood what type 3 is, who knows).

Got mom and brother to take it, mom is type 3 by far with nothing else even close, brother is by far type 9 but also somewhat of type 6...

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
Best description of Enneagram Type 4 summarized found in a youtube comment:

I sometimes envy how everyone seems to have a place or purpose in the world. No matter how hard I try, I never feel like I fit in or "get it". It's like the world had a meeting about how to belong and I missed it....probably because I was in bed and didn't care to go....but still, I missed it! Lol, smh.

This is why people type Mahler as Type 4, 100% him lol.

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
Kinda feeling like the idea of "unhealthy Type 5" is the best description I've heard yet of what was going on in the past for me, during the worst years. Something I could describe but hardly anyone would understand.

Type 5 basically needs to master skills, that is their fundamental drive. It may be knowledge, the environment, crafts, anything.

If this need isn't being met, Type 5 will behave like an "unhealthy Type 7 (The Enthusiast)," by being extremely scattered and looking everywhere for mental stimulation to keep from being bored.

Working in a dead-end retail job was the worst, there was nothing to learn at all, just doing the same stuff all the time like a robot. It was like wasting my life away. So while at home, my routine was endlessly websurfing, trying to find some interesting spark to prevent feeling like a literal nihilistic zombie.

Would have been nice if enneagram was common knowledge and I could just tell people that I'm a 5 having an existential meltdown for years because I have nothing interesting enough to get good at, and then would be understood. But that never happened.