Double Bass Recordings To Listen To

Started by paul, July 05, 2007, 12:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toledobass

Quote from: M forever on August 29, 2007, 07:22:39 PM
I looked up the Toledo Symphony website, but they don't have a list of orchestra members on there! How many bass players do you have?

M, 

Ughhhh.  That looks awful right now. The site must be undergoing some major renovations.  It's a good site when up and running, lots of info and easy to get around.  Anyway,  we have 6 and sometimes we hire an extra 7th.  Are you still going to be able to play somewhere with all the travelling you do now?

Allan

M forever

Quote from: toledobass on August 30, 2007, 04:24:27 AM
M, 

Ughhhh.  That looks awful right now. The site must be undergoing some major renovations.  It's a good site when up and running, lots of info and easy to get around.  Anyway,  we have 6 and sometimes we hire an extra 7th.  Are you still going to be able to play somewhere with all the travelling you do now?

Allan

I don't really know yet. The advantage of my job is that during some periods, I only actually work half the time. So between business trips, I have a lot of time at home during which I don't work at all or do some planning work on the computer. So that leaves me a lot of time to pursue other activities. The problem here is that planning some things is very difficult. Right now, I don't know if I will be able to play in our first concert in November. Which I would really like to, we have a new music director and we will be playing the US premiere of Glass' cello concerto, and the composer will come to the final rehearsals and concerts. That might be very interesting. But we have a number of projects coming up that already had to be pushed back, and it looks like a lot will actually happen in the next 2-3 months. At one point, I may have to be on 2 or even 3 projects at the time and kind of juggle that. But some of them are in the general area, so I may actually be able to attened rehearsals. We will see.