Composer Index Rerebooted (III)

Started by schnittkease, April 16, 2017, 09:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GioCar

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on July 02, 2017, 07:11:01 AM
There's an established Verdi thread.  In the Opera portion of the Forum
http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,425.0.html
Plus a couple of threads for individual operas and the Requiem.

Thank you! I didn't look there.
Maybe it's a bit confusing having opera people here and there.
Mascagni is there, last post in 2007:
http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,2676.msg68625.html#msg68625

bhodges

Thank you again, schnittkease, for completing this Herculean task. (Well, "Herculean" to some of us.) Really, this is extraordinarily helpful. Let's discuss ideas on how to make this most useful: might be good to combine it with the existing index.

--Bruce

Spineur

Bruce just said it: very helpful.  I tried unsucessfully with the search engine to find info on Guy Ropartz.   Now it is a link away.  I will add some reply when the work lets le do it.

Thank you

Maestro267

Thanks schnittkease. This is an invaluable resource for finding threads on this subforum.

I did notice something that needs correcting. In the URL for the Joachim Raff thread (under Switzerland in the index), the I in the word "index" is missing, so the link is currently broken.

Senta

schnittkease - Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this!!

Spent the last hour delving into threads I forgot/never knew existed ;)

This is so, so great to have. Bravo!

SurprisedByBeauty

Greatly appreciated!!!

FYI: Here's an active Bach-Subthread:

J.S. Bach on the Organ

Moonfish

I made a new composer thread for Massenet since I couldn't find one (surprisingly).

It is called Massenet's Maelstrom

URL:  https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,28237.0.html

Can you please add it to the index when you get a chance?   :)
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

SurprisedByBeauty

schnittkease

Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on October 05, 2018, 01:21:45 PM
Under Shostakovich, we could add the string quartet thread: http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php?topic=871.new#new

For now, I've only listed threads in the "Composer Discussion" forum (although I'm sure there are threads to document elsewhere as well). Maybe separate indexes would be appropriate?

vers la flamme

Is there really no thread on Alban Berg? Couldn't find his name in the OP.

SurprisedByBeauty

schnittkease

Strange. How did I miss that??

I'll have to go through and see if there are any more stragglers sometime soon...

vers la flamme

Thank you for fixing the OP! Berg is one of the all-time greats and it's a crime that he shouldn't be listed on a huge, comprehensive thread like this.  :)

schnittkease

Quote from: vers la flamme on August 21, 2019, 02:44:42 PM
Thank you for fixing the OP! Berg is one of the all-time greats and it's a crime that he shouldn't be listed on a huge, comprehensive thread like this.  :)

It wasn't intentional, believe me!

vers la flamme

Another apparently missing major composer: Carl Maria von Weber. It's his birthday today, I was hoping to find his thread here.

schnittkease

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 18, 2019, 02:52:50 AM
Another apparently missing major composer: Carl Maria von Weber. It's his birthday today, I was hoping to find his thread here.

I don't think we have a thread for Weber. Odd.

vers la flamme

^I saw a link to a Weber thread in the older "Composer index reboot" thread, but it was a dead link. Oh well. Guess I will be starting a thread for him.

schnittkease

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 20, 2019, 04:38:38 PM
^I saw a link to a Weber thread in the older "Composer index reboot" thread, but it was a dead link.

The plot thickens. I've been putting this off for a while, but I need to "rerereboot" this index pretty soon.

SurprisedByBeauty

schnittkease

*Sigh*... I've slacked off, and this list needs to be updated. I suppose that'll be my little project this December.