Composer Index Rerebooted (III)

Started by schnittkease, April 16, 2017, 09:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

schnittkease

He's been added! I'm sure there are a lot more missing entries which I'll be adding over the next few weeks.

AaronSF

Gabriel Dupont (1878-1914) is missing from the listing for France.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Dupont

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

joachim

schnittkease, I saw that in your list it seems to be missing Leopold Mozart in Germany, and Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-George in France (the latter is my avatar  ;) )

Symphonic Addict

I wonder what has happened with @schnittkease. I hope he's well.

For the moment, another composer to add:

Knudåge Riisager

Noam Chomsky

Mapman

For my first action as Moderator, since @schnittkease is no longer active, I have added the composers mentioned in this thread to the list.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mapman on March 01, 2023, 05:02:14 PMFor my first action as Moderator, since @schnittkease is no longer active, I have added the composers mentioned in this thread to the list.

Much appreciated! Very helpful indeed.

Noam Chomsky

Mapman

Quote from: Løvfald on March 01, 2023, 05:06:28 PMMuch appreciated! Very helpful indeed.

Feel free to post here or PM me with other composers that need to be added!

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mapman on March 01, 2023, 05:09:54 PMFeel free to post here or PM me with other composers that need to be added!

Sure! Thank you!

Noam Chomsky

Papy Oli

Quote from: Mapman on March 01, 2023, 05:02:14 PMFor my first action as Moderator, since @schnittkease is no longer active, I have added the composers mentioned in this thread to the list.

The Bulgarian list is missing Tabakov. Thank you.

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,31160.0.html
Olivier

Brahmsian

I have one that is missing.  Icelandic composer Anna Anna Thorvaldsdottir (b.1977)

GMG - Anna Thorvaldsdottir

Mapman

Brahmsian

Quote from: Mapman on March 16, 2023, 12:20:50 PMDone!

Much appreciated.  I use this index EVERY day I am on GMG.  :)

Franco_Manitobain

Could one of the moderators please add this to the Italy composer index?  Thank you.  :)

Domeniconi, Carlo (1947-)

DavidW

Quote from: Franco_Manitobain on April 27, 2023, 04:36:14 AMCould one of the moderators please add this to the Italy composer index?  Thank you.  :)

Domeniconi, Carlo (1947-)

Done!

Franco_Manitobain

Franco_Manitobain

Could I please ask one of the moderators to bookmark the Grofe composer thread in the United States?  Thank you!  :)

Grofe, Ferde (1892-1972)

DavidW

Quote from: Franco_Manitobain on May 03, 2023, 04:53:36 AMCould I please ask one of the moderators to bookmark the Grofe composer thread in the United States?  Thank you!  :)

Grofe, Ferde (1892-1972)

Done!