Music from intro

Started by greg80, February 11, 2019, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg80

Hello
I'd like to know what is the name of the melody between 2.00-2.30.
https://youtu.be/cOJSbV0vwd4?t=121
Thank you.

Christo

Quote from: greg80 on February 11, 2019, 02:16:45 AM
Hello
I'd like to know what is the name of the melody between 2.00-2.30.
https://youtu.be/cOJSbV0vwd4?t=121 Thank you.

Listened to it, but have no idea. It sounds like a song - folk song, perhaps - of some kind. Not a 'theme' from some famous classical composition, I'd say.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Biffo

Sounds vaguely folksy, could be specially written for the program.

Delicious Manager

It's just generic soundtrack music, probably from a library of such stuff.

Christo

Quote from: Delicious Manager on April 29, 2019, 07:21:10 AM
Quote from: Delicious Manager on April 29, 2019, 07:21:10 AM
Agree with both, the specific intrumentation (even a harpsichord) points towards film music or any kind of soundtrack. The theme could be a song or folksong, but may simply have been invented for this soundtrack.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

some guy

Any Glass fans left? It has a strong Glass vibe: the repeating pattern, of course, and the chord that interrupts the pattern from time to time, are both vintage Glass. The tune? Does not have a Glass vibe to it. Does not sound like anything he'd ordinarily use, but as I am not a fan, I only know a few of his pieces, meaning of all his film music, I could probably only put a check mark by the Khoyanisqatsi one, you know, the one that's spelled "Koyaanisqatsi" by people who know what they're doing. (I wasn't too far off....)