Dobrinka Tabakova (1980 -)

Started by Mirror Image, April 17, 2017, 06:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyjo

A pity only the first two movements of her Cello Concerto can be found on YouTube :( The String Paths album isn't on Spotify either. Anyway, I'm about to listen to the first two movements now!
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on September 11, 2017, 04:39:05 PM
A pity only the first two movements of her Cello Concerto can be found on YouTube :( The String Paths album isn't on Spotify either. Anyway, I'm about to listen to the first two movements now!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, Kyle. :)

kyjo

The slow movement is indeed incredibly beautiful. Music like that is the reason I play the cello :) I wasn't as struck by the first movement (which had partly to do with the performance on YouTube), but the ending is wonderfully deep and resonant.
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

vandermolen

Quote from: kyjo on September 11, 2017, 05:01:00 PM
The slow movement is indeed incredibly beautiful. Music like that is the reason I play the cello :) I wasn't as struck by the first movement (which had partly to do with the performance on YouTube), but the ending is wonderfully deep and resonant.
+1 although, unfortunately, I don't play the cello.  :-\
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on September 11, 2017, 05:01:00 PM

Great to hear. The Longing movement is one of the best pieces of music I've heard in a long time.

TheGSMoeller

Two piano pieces from Tabakova are featured in Andrew Matthews-Owen's new album.
Halo, a three movement work, and Nocturne are the pieces.

[asin]B0757HQ8L5[/asin]