Robbie Coltrane has Passed

Started by LKB, October 14, 2022, 11:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

vandermolen

Very sorry to hear that - a talented actor and comedian. I liked him as Dr Johnson in Blackadder.
RIP
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Very sorry to hear that.  From what I've read, it sounded like he was an extremely kind and funny, caring and talented guy.

I'll have to revisit Black Adder and Dr. Johnson....it's been ages since I've watched any of the episodes.

RIP

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

He had a small but wonderful part in the film Let it Ride, which starred Richard Dreyfus.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Brian

His performance on "Cracker" was extraordinary - probably set the stage for the whole genre of antihero mystery solving characters on prestige TV in the 2000s. He set the standard for the less complex, more likeable characters like House MD, BBC Sherlock, etc.

(poco) Sforzando

Eulogies from selected trans people on Facebook:

QuoteSorry not sorry, delete me if you wanna, but he was dead to me the moment he defended she-who-must-not-be-named.

YEP!!! my thoughts exactly!!!!

Thank you. Seeing people speak positively of him today has pissed me off.

Yup.

Honestly? I don't care when anyone dies anymore.
Death happens. It has to. It's a part of life. Millions die every second of every die yet people only spare a moment for "celebrities" so many nameless people who no one will bat an eye for. Yet the masses with come together for this one.

Nothing like the charming vindictiveness of the woke, always searching for safe spaces for themselves and hostility towards the oppressor.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Brian on October 14, 2022, 07:18:39 PM
His performance on "Cracker" was extraordinary - probably set the stage for the whole genre of antihero mystery solving characters on prestige TV in the 2000s. He set the standard for the less complex, more likeable characters like House MD, BBC Sherlock, etc.
I forgot about "Cracker"!  I remember watching and enjoying a number of the episodes.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter