Author Topic: Coronavirus thread  (Read 126434 times)

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
Re: Coronavirus thread
« Reply #4220 on: April 15, 2021, 01:57:27 PM »
Ah, the predicted surge in pent up spending. Best of luck with everything.

(* chortle *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4221 on: April 16, 2021, 01:58:13 AM »
 - situation still stable here in DK, where more opening up is going to take place next Wednesday etc., the tourist sector in particular is waiting for a flux of foreigners that will only slowly begin later, however.

- with the J&J put on a halt, and the AZ postponed indefinitely here, but more Pfizers coming, and vaccines being administered purely in relation to age groups now, I'm still waiting whether my shot will be delayed. I hope not; at best, there'll be a first call in the end of April, or some time in May. There's a debate whether stored AZ vaccines, about 200,000, can be chosen by those who want it anyway, or should be given or sold to other countries. The official risk estimate here is that 1 in 40,000 cases will experience tough health problems because of the AZ.

- at the AZ stop press conference, the female official fainted. I've seen depressingly idiotic social media posts claiming, that she was probably suffering from vaccine diseases (she has likely not even had a vaccine) - or even, in all earnesty, that her appearance was sabotaged via a secret vaccine nano-microchip from global medicine companies.

- the virus has unexpectedly meant a revival for the old, tiny administrative level of the church parish here;
the authorities reacting on a micro-level, a certain amount of virus will automatically mean that a parish is closed down. Some side-effects have been unfortunate, such as the closure of local educational institutions without any virus cases. A map of the current virus levels, as per parish, is now being released, probably regularly from now on ...
https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2021-04-15-her-er-det-hidtil-mest-detaljerede-kort-over-smitteniveauet-lige-nu
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:43:41 AM by MusicTurner »

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #4222 on: April 16, 2021, 06:11:48 AM »
Private household saving is at an all time record high in my country. That is not like us at all. There will be a deluge of spending when this is all over. Then we will be bankrupt.......again  ;D

Not sure why I found it interesting but I did. Post lockdown is at 30% pre-Covid levels on public transport and the roads are at 90%.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #4223 on: April 16, 2021, 06:51:57 AM »
Well, my perseverance finally paid off!  I'm scheduled to get round one of the vaccine soon.   :)

PD

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #4224 on: Today at 06:57:58 AM »
Well, my perseverance finally paid off!  I'm scheduled to get round one of the vaccine soon.   :)

PD

Excellent, PD!

My system has taken Dose # 2 in stride.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #4225 on: Today at 09:07:49 AM »
Excellent, PD!

My system has taken Dose # 2 in stride.
Good deal!  :)

PD

Offline pjme

• Veteran member
« Reply #4226 on: Today at 12:38:28 PM »
I had my first AstraZeneca yesterday. The (test & )vaccination center was incredibly busy with hundreds of 65+ citizens getting in line, waiting before and after the jab. An unusual and somehow unsettling spectacle....
It feels good, though.