Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 634650 times)

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #4500 on: October 22, 2021, 02:50:19 AM »
I was given a large bag of frozen rhubarb, cooked it gently with a chopped orange, honey and demerara sugar and grated ginger,  A couple of spoonfuls of corn starch to thicken.   Orange and ginger were perfect.
Sounds nice!  What will you do with it now?  Eat it straight up or with something else?  Or use it to make bread, etc.?

PD

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #4501 on: November 05, 2021, 09:09:08 AM »
Made white pasta e fagioli (a Rachael Ray recipe).  Pretty good but am hoping that it will taste better on Day 2.  It has pancetta, cannelloni beans, onions, fennel, celery, rosemary, bay leaves, chicken stock, garlic, ditalini, escarole, nutmeg and lemon in it.  Here's a link to the recipe (along with a video) if you're interested:  https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipes/white-pasta-e-fagioli-rachael-ray

I'd love to find a vegetarian version of it, but one that also has a lot of flavor.  I'm thinking about how I could make her recipe a bit richer flavor-wise.

PD

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4502 on: November 27, 2021, 06:19:17 AM »
Simple November snacks that have hitherto been very rare on the menu: a family member brought some eatable chestnuts - so fried them in oil and salt for about 30 mins, and then peeled them. That's the primitive version, but yummy, they had a somewhat sweet-salty flavour and felt very nourishing. Could definitely make a habit of that ...