Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Re-listening to Stadium Arcadium by the RHCP and James Brown Greatest Hits.  Sometimes you gotta break out the funk!

Robert

Quote from: Bill on April 24, 2007, 02:44:09 PM
A great transition album to the Wayne Shorter run....absolutely worth havng on the shelf so long as you have a "decent" amount of Miles already....which we know you do ;D.  Hancock's playing is out of this world on this one IMO.
Herbie always knocked me out.....

rubio

"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Haffner

My favorite Morbid Angel; this one just seems to best capture the Lovecraft-meets-heavy-metal-Wagner style of MA best.

karlhenning

Quote from: Haffner on April 26, 2007, 10:03:13 AM
Lovecraft-meets-heavy-metal-Wagner style

If Wagner had lived in Rhode Island . . . ah, what Might Have Been!  8)

Haffner

Quote from: karlhenning on April 26, 2007, 10:11:29 AM
If Wagner had lived in Rhode Island . . . ah, what Might Have Been!  8)

But "Call of Cthulu" would have to be an animated opera, wouldn't it, Karl?

karlhenning

Quote from: Haffner on April 26, 2007, 10:15:27 AM
But "Call of Cthulu" would have to be an animated opera, wouldn't it, Karl?

Evil!  ;D

Valentino

Tom Waits listed this as one of his top 30 favourite albums a couple of years ago. Kaizers Orchestra is a Norwegian band, merging rock, pump organ, balkan polka, oil drums, wheel rims and crowbars into one of the most irresistible live acts in Europe in the last few years. Of course they're influenced by TW too.
Sound samples here: http://www.farmenas.com/kaizers/ompa.htm

The band website is here (English available): http://www.kaizers.no/
Wikipedia.
We audiophiles don't really like music, but we sure love the sound it makes;
Audio-Technica | Bokrand | Thorens | Cambridge Audio | Logitech | Yamaha | Topping | MiniDSP | Hypex | ICEpower | Mundorf | SEAS | Beyma

rubio

"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

bhodges

Quote from: Valentino on April 26, 2007, 12:28:16 PM

Tom Waits listed this as one of his top 30 favourite albums a couple of years ago. Kaizers Orchestra is a Norwegian band, merging rock, pump organ, balkan polka, oil drums, wheel rims and crowbars into one of the most irresistible live acts in Europe in the last few years. Of course they're influenced by TW too.
Sound samples here: http://www.farmenas.com/kaizers/ompa.htm

This sounds totally great.  I've not heard of this group, so thanks for mentioning it.

--Bruce

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

George

Solitary Wanderer

karlhenning

Solitary Wanderer

rockerreds

Pete Townshend/Ronnie Lane-Rough Mix(Dual Disc)
Television(1992 reunion album)