"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Mirror Image

SimonNZ

possibly my 200th play of this masterpiece

aligreto

aligreto

Quote from: SimonNZ on February 26, 2020, 12:22:17 AM

No matter how hard I have tried I just cannot understand or appreciate the late Drake's music.

George

Quote from: aligreto on February 27, 2020, 07:48:40 AM
No matter how hard I have tried I just cannot understand or appreciate the late Drake's music.

Just kidding. Not everyone can love everything.

aligreto

Quote from: George on February 27, 2020, 09:24:14 AM

Just kidding. Not everyone can love everything.

This is true. I bought his albums but eventually sold them on.

SimonNZ

I now love the whole album of Bryter Layter, but it was the two tracks "At The Chime Of A City Clock" and "Poor Boy" that really sold me on it. Elsewhere I'd understand if you found whole songs with lyrics like "I could have been a signpost, could have been a clock / As simple as a kettle, steady as a rock." to be more than a little twee.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on February 25, 2020, 02:22:15 AM
Eagles: Hotel California

I've been searching for a copy of that in good condition; I had one years ago, but....  :(

I did, not so long ago, run across a copy of Don Henley's "Building the Perfect Beast"....great music (most important)...and the sound over my stereo!  They knew what they were doing (re sound engineers and producers) when they recorded that one!  Do you also have (and like) that album?

Best,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Quote from: SimonNZ on February 27, 2020, 12:06:27 PM
I now love the whole album of Bryter Layter, but it was the two tracks "At The Chime Of A City Clock" and "Poor Boy" that really sold me on it. Elsewhere I'd understand if you found whole songs with lyrics like "I could have been a signpost, could have been a clock / As simple as a kettle, steady as a rock." to be more than a little twee.

No, to be fair, I never considered that there was anything twee about Drake. I simply just had no connection there.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: SimonNZ on February 26, 2020, 12:22:17 AM

I have "Five Leaves Left" and perhaps a boxed set of his too??  Must admit, that it's been a while since I've listened to his music.  Such a tragic ending to his young life...a very sensitive soul.  I should revisit it.

Best,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Alek Hidell on February 14, 2020, 05:21:14 PM
One of my all-time favorites right there. Astral Weeks was my favorite Van for a long time, but now I think I prefer this one.

TD:

I've been a Bruce fan for nearly 40 years, but it's been a long time since I actually listened to one of the older albums. I started listening to this one on the way home from a haircut tonight, and I'm enjoying it so much I might just go back and start with the second album (I'm not a huge fan of the debut) and go through several of 'em.

I'm also a fan of "The Boss"   ;D

Best,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 27, 2020, 12:55:42 PM

I've been searching for a copy of that in good condition; I had one years ago, but....  :(

I did, not so long ago, run across a copy of Don Henley's "Building the Perfect Beast"....great music (most important)...and the sound over my stereo!  They knew what they were doing (re sound engineers and producers) when they recorded that one!  Do you also have (and like) that album?

Best,

PD

No, I have not heard "Building the Perfect Beast".
"Hotel California" is one of those classic "albums in time" for me that relates to and evokes a particular time in my life.
I did have "Desperados" once but that seems to have evaded me somewhere along the way....  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on February 27, 2020, 01:06:25 PM
No, I have not heard "Building the Perfect Beast".
"Hotel California" is one of those classic "albums in time" for me that relates to and evokes a particular time in my life.
I did have "Desperados" once but that seems to have evaded me somewhere along the way....  ;D
Yes, I do love HC....and would also love to get other Eagles albums.  Here's a listing of what is on "Building the Perfect Beast".  The hits from the album in the US:  "The Boys of Summer", "Note Enough Love in the World", "All She Wants to Do is Dance" and "Sunset Grill"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_the_Perfect_Beast
Best,

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

j winter

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 27, 2020, 01:27:43 PM
Yes, I do love HC....and would also love to get other Eagles albums.  Here's a listing of what is on "Building the Perfect Beast".  The hits from the album in the US:  "The Boys of Summer", "Note Enough Love in the World", "All She Wants to Do is Dance" and "Sunset Grill"

Best,

PD

LOVE that album -- I had it on cassette back in the day, and literally wore it out... :)
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

aligreto

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 27, 2020, 01:27:43 PM

Best,

PD

Thank you for that.

Carlo Gesualdo

I'm listening to one of my favorite pop rock song of 70'' Mannfred Mann Earthband. I'm blinding by the light(long version), indeed, the guitarist is so incredible , keyboard fine,nice vocal skills.

aligreto

George

Always loved this album. Listening to it now, I am wowed by the incredible sound quality, emotional singing and perfectly complimentary music.