Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Quote from: aligreto on April 05, 2020, 09:05:25 AM
The Kinks are The Village Green Preservation Society

As one can see from the above this CD contains both the Mono and the Stereo versions of this album's release. The differences are quite interesting in many ways.

A great set! I got one last year, back when we could go to record stores (and they were open.) Hope we get back there soon!

Until then:

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

aligreto

Quote from: George on April 05, 2020, 09:17:44 AM
A great set! I got one last year, back when we could go to record stores (and they were open.) Hope we get back there soon!

With everyone safe and sound, Amen to that.

George

SimonNZ

71 dB

I have been listening to "CONTRA" after Vampire Weekend endosed Bernie. Comforting and fun music at the same time. Helps me in the Corona virus things and getting over the disappointment of Bernie not becoming the nominee.

[asin]B002JN74WI[/asin]
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

San Antone

aligreto

Carlo Gesualdo

Celtic Frost my favorite metal & rolls band also prior band of this band Hellhammer killer e.p, material, But I'm not a metal head more of a rocker leaning toward classical, old-rock.

Beside them  I don't listen to much metal except old school garage-y brutal rendition of 80'' primal riffs periods, Sarcofago ''Inri'' is very good too, stuff likke this folks beside this not muuch , perhhaps false metal of Melvins Lysol album.

vandermolen

Thoroughly enjoying this new release:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

j winter

Winding through some Phil Collins Genesis this morning, starting with A Trick of the Tail...

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

George

steve ridgway

Quote from: j winter on April 08, 2020, 06:18:25 AM
Winding through some Phil Collins Genesis this morning, starting with A Trick of the Tail...

Not bad, they were still doing quite complex music.

George

Mookalafalas

It's all good...

Archaic Torso of Apollo

Quote from: Mookalafalas on April 08, 2020, 06:02:02 PM
John Prine.

Me too  :(

When I die let my ashes float down the Green River
Let my soul roll on up to the Rochester dam
I'll be halfway to Heaven with Paradise waitin'
Just five miles away from wherever I am
formerly VELIMIR (before that, Spitvalve)

"Who knows not strict counterpoint, lives and dies an ignoramus" - CPE Bach

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

aligreto

Incredible String Band: Wee Tam

For me, this is still a wonderful album.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Christo on April 08, 2020, 11:26:24 PM
Back to Yugoslavia, 1986:
https://www.youtube.com/v/NB9YIdQ3UjE https://www.youtube.com/v/07PpcCt90TY

That's a surprise, someone else liking Laibach :o. The use of samples added some variety and interest to the industrial sound back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCwFwee6B64

Christo

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 09, 2020, 03:20:46 AM
That's a surprise, someone else liking Laibach :o. The use of samples added some variety and interest to the industrial sound back then.

https://www.youtube.com/v/eCwFwee6B64
#fixed

I 'discovered' them immediately, that's to say: in 1986, with this Nova Akropola album. Found it hard to find out what 'message' it contained, though I was aware they were Slovenes. Later it became obvious they made clever use of all the Totalitarian monstrosities of the past decades to provoke the still Communist Yugoslavian state and express a stubborn sense of freedom and independence. Can you agree?  ;D
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948