Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Kendra Smith - Presents The Guild Of Temporal Adventurers (1992)

Carlo Gesualdo

I am doeing publicity for my band and for an honorable cause   mental health, some people has already given I put some money to 2500, since what I do in music is underground or more so obscure underground mean f*ck all to me, hail sludge skronk and noise, I work my 8ss 300 hour to make the first track  did the same whit ambient gem number four, ok it's not for everyone but if you cherrish loud noisy sludgy whit hint of skronk jazz, godflesh, gore, swanas , bingo you get WRECKAGE and I dont make a perny of hit every coin you will put will go to mental health advancement, I,m doeing music for a cause, not for money...

This  is why I wont some of it on a slab of Vinyl or CD,, I mix it studio rehash it cut it, convert etc tedious works my friends.

Im a goodwill thinker, I cherrish empathy love my neighors unless there snakes , this occured some years ago I had nasty frensch from paris and snob unicycle guy from quebec, yet I rather not talk about it... they did complaint not because of sonic pollution live volume but they did not like classical , heck this is not in the lawws kermitiaans, see therre in quebec cityy not province and Paris France, there awful, but yet I have no animosity whit global  french, sit's really case by case, some are nice some are reckless...laic intolerant anti classical music anyway... I  rather not talk about it and rehash demons of the past, my best friend a Wallon half Spanish for  Mons he more quebecer than I am, I,m more marginal more square if you get what I sa, my mentality is strict englissh manner , empathy stuff not inherant in all man, instead of sinning behing an 8ssh8le sorry 
had  to use this word, but I called an orange an orange, i dont generalized some Parisian and people of towwnn of quiebnec not propvince are snobf8cker not true individdualist false intellectual and is scorn than called than rich kkermitian parasite invader to my hometown Montreal, my family is very old we originated from  France before Germanic invasion, we were not jewissh all does pagans shaman and stuff , no kidding I swearr I,m Baron von Blood my aka also Duke of Rosemont petite-patrie, noisemonger,  audiophile, musician= or noizician, my goal not political all my band are apolitical, even  anarchism is mild politic to me, I cherrish christian agnosticism and spiritual nihillst note devoted of faith
hard to understand but I do , my music for everyone, white, yellow, brown, black, man female , religious minority, yet I see laic intoolerant  integrism hater and don't like em,, they lack class and virtue, see quality is excelling in ten comandements simple virtue is harnessing quality not inherant in man mind always, I stand against two face, moron whit  bad attitudee, of all colors white first, charité bien ordoné commence chez toi, so I'm not racist, I have nothing agaist jewish land or Arabic land I dont whaant to speak out about this out about this question, don't have to it would be ingerance and has nothing against goodwill arabs (palestians and good will jewish person, but despise arroance attitude, rude behavior of intolerant hardcore laic whom whant religion to disapear, look religion a problem whit catholic based on Irish conclift between north and south, some qwant the catholic to disaoear some wwhant protestant to disapear some whant orthodox christian to disapear I don't want nothing to do whit this , I,m agnostic religion stay and for all, it's not religion the problem but how people interpppret it and speak out teach, I'm saying this and I know I sound like Ned Flanders in the Simpson, don't care dideli oh lol take care folk, so see hatred not m bag, but there are hyprocritical left wing ''petite bourgeoisie whom wwont us dead, or leave, i despise sutch a kind of soul, be tolerant music is music religieous are not ifou don't use volume abuse outside, there supposed to be no law on I hate his music because it religious music is music religious or secular  and I stand for this, so fachist laic of righ or llaeft integrism laic Im not a fan tolerant agnostic or laic I can deal whit it , don't be rude , don't insult be human... evolve.

I hope all people understand my preaching or goodwill toward mankind, a toastt to you buddy and ladie's

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SimonNZ

steve ridgway

Ramones. In 2012 the album was preserved by the National Recording Registry, deeming it "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant." 8).

steve ridgway

Wire: Pink Flag. Got to have something to drown out the dreadful jazz channel on the internet radio that keeps playing instrumental versions of Christmas tunes :'(.

bhodges

Watching Rhiannon Giddens and Francesco Turrisi, live on Carnegie Hall's YouTube channel (also on Facebook), with a focus on the American minstrel tradition. The duo are adding commentary and history, in addition to the music.

So far, marvelous. (The show will be available as an archive later.)

https://youtu.be/fW6rjMSVZwM

--Bruce

Old San Antone

Quote from: Brewski on June 18, 2020, 10:18:34 AM
Watching Rhiannon Giddens and Francesco Turrisi, live on Carnegie Hall's YouTube channel (also on Facebook), with a focus on the American minstrel tradition. The duo are adding commentary and history, in addition to the music.

So far, marvelous. (The show will be available as an archive later.)

https://youtu.be/fW6rjMSVZwM

--Bruce

Yeah, I am a fan of this duo - I think there's an album, which is where I listen to them.  I will neeed to check out the YT Carnegie channel.

bhodges

Quote from: Old San Antone on June 18, 2020, 12:54:20 PM
Yeah, I am a fan of this duo - I think there's an album, which is where I listen to them.  I will neeed to check out the YT Carnegie channel.

I had not heard either of them before. Just so you know, the hour was a mix of music, history, education, and discussion -- all most interesting, but the performance component was maybe 15-20 minutes out of the 60. (I had hoped for more.) Still, worth a view.

--Bruce

Old San Antone

Quote from: Brewski on June 18, 2020, 05:56:41 PM
I had not heard either of them before. Just so you know, the hour was a mix of music, history, education, and discussion -- all most interesting, but the performance component was maybe 15-20 minutes out of the 60. (I had hoped for more.) Still, worth a view.

--Bruce

Here's the 2019 recording I was thinking of:

It is really very good; I actually like it better than her recent solo stuff.  I liked her best when she was performing with Carolina Chocolate Drops.

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

bhodges

Quote from: Old San Antone on June 18, 2020, 07:10:47 PM
Here's the 2019 recording I was thinking of:

It is really very good; I actually like it better than her recent solo stuff.  I liked her best when she was performing with Carolina Chocolate Drops.

That album has been highly acclaimed, and I hope to hear soon!

More Rhiannon Giddens, from Country Music: Live at the Ryman (September 2019):

https://youtu.be/9MrHeJ-n_RQ

She really is something, with or without fiddle and banjo.

--Bruce

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Old San Antone

Quote from: Brewski on June 19, 2020, 08:35:20 AM
That album has been highly acclaimed, and I hope to hear soon!

More Rhiannon Giddens, from Country Music: Live at the Ryman (September 2019):

https://youtu.be/9MrHeJ-n_RQ

She really is something, with or without fiddle and banjo.

--Bruce

Here's a new song she performs with Yo-Yo Ma -

Rhiannon Giddens featuring Yo-Yo Ma - "Build A House"

https://www.youtube.com/v/gYDo0ZjXegM

steve ridgway

Tyrannosaurus Rex: A Beard Of Stars.

George

Old San Antone

Quote from: George on June 20, 2020, 06:32:13 AM

I was just listening to that recording this morning!  Who wudda thunk?

8)

steve ridgway

George

Quote from: Old San Antone on June 20, 2020, 07:13:56 AM
I was just listening to that recording this morning!  Who wudda thunk?

8)

8)