SimonNZ

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SimonNZ

Evelyne Beers - The Gentle Art (1961)

Carlo Gesualdo

currently listening to ALGER HISS an atonal Art-Rock/Noise-rock from NY
nyc, from the big apple shawl I say.

There sound crusty/noisy, it's an old band of the 90'', whit an ancient buddy of mine Jordan Mamone, we use to correspond back in this decade.

The only made two recordings one full length/one EP but like them a lot.

Alger Hiss: Graft vs. Host (that the full length), it contain 8 song's.
The sound is corrosive and atonal, enjoyable.

Alger Hiss: Settings for nudes (5 songs), it's a bit more polished, yet still same recipe is employed. A band to be discovered, could not compared them to any other band so far, they have a unique sound...

Carlo Gesualdo

Special Japanese noise-band I ( craved tonight)
A.N.P= Absolut null Punkt ,this is one of the first band prior to Zeni Geva, that I  like there old stuff 86-93, a parallel group that may or may not exist anymore K.K.Null know about it I don't
HANATARASH for being so Jackson Pollock de la noise and extremely confrontational , music concrete or noise-band
DISSECTING TABLE, 86-87 early era Between life and death and Zigoku of course.

Perhaps I forgot some band Merzbow some albums digging like : Pulse Demon and Venerology and other obscur releases.  Masonna ''inner mind mystique, is psychedelic ,you don't need drug in other word, whit this stuff. Goodnight don't forget Chinese emergent noise scene deprofundis aware of like art noise-band wall of sound droner Torturing Nurse got few of these.   8)

aligreto

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

SimonNZ

William Doyle - Great Spans of Muddy Time (2021)

aligreto

Carlo Gesualdo

This morning pure therein of sludge, don't consider them ''metal'' nor
''punk'', it's sludge for purist from Belgium.

The name of the band is BLUTCH, there loud as it get, crushing sound. Try to imagine a louder The Melvins devoid of punky ness.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Carlo Gesualdo

FLESHPRESS, from Finland if my memory accurate,mid pace to slow sludge band, kind of remind me of GORE from Venlo in Thee Netherlands or GRIEF( from US) for bluesy '' Black Sabbathian'' overtones stoner in the mix, you get three tracks there long enought and kept me riveted while listening.

[asin] Fleshpress - Worms Dirges CD [/asin]''

Carlo Gesualdo

GORE dutch Behemot [asin]GORE -Lifelong Deadlines[/asin] - from Venlo  town, The netherlands, very loud/ intense/art-rock. Especially this one fit the bill has ufo of the band, conceptual album , have it in CD, first pressing on mega disk, some of these track would be re-issue later on 2019 whit album ''Reveange''new CD more polish, re-master all and all good job, but I don't have it, only this release on Megadisk, Nederlands label.

So this is two album instead of one, guitar laden  art rock, heavy riffs , cold sound, brutal, no compromise, whit non-sense rambling sample in between for ambiance  sake. I like it, but would herald Wrede album before there cult classic, have it CD/LP love it , astonishingly   epic album of genre.

aligreto

Iota

Neil Young: After the Goldrush

A voice that had to be. Great album.

aligreto

Quote from: Iota on March 28, 2021, 11:06:05 AM

Neil Young: After the Goldrush

A voice that had to be. Great album.

An Oldie but definitely a Goldie. A great album indeed.

Iota

Quote from: aligreto on March 28, 2021, 11:25:59 AM
An Oldie but definitely a Goldie. A great album indeed.

Yes it certainly echoes down the decades, but like all great albums it seems to stay eternally fresh.

Carlo Gesualdo

Firsst E.p of SKULLFLOWER entitled Birth death E.P four song, total psychedelic rock trippy in sound, loud and noisy noise-rock Icon of British scene of the 80'- until now, but prefer there old stock, much better to me, anyway and also Form Destroyer first LP.

After this The Melvins  ''Lysol", album, witch I had but hardly ever listen so far until few folks talk about it.

aligreto

bhodges

Last weekend I got hooked on batucada, the Brazilian percussion samba style often found in parades and street celebrations. This group, Siete Octavos (Seven Octaves) is based in Argentina, and is to my ears, irresistible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPgHA8EW6Go

Here's the group's website. They also run a percussion school, and from the sounds in the video, they're doing a damn good job.
http://www.sieteoctavos.com.ar/

--Bruce