Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

aligreto

aligreto

Paul Anka: Rock Swings

This album is an interesting listen: it is very smooth and entertaining and is worth your listening time. A strong and melodious voice is accompanied by lush orchestral arrangements. The album has great presence. There is a very nice, latent, swing jazz element throughout that is wonderfully blended with an easy listening genre. It resembles A Great Songbook of Rock Songs [perhaps personal favourites of Anka?]. This album is the modern day equivalent of a very good Sinatra performance. It is very well produced and presented.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

aligreto

The Chieftains: Live

If you decide to get only one Chieftains album for your collection then this is the one to get. It is lively, raucous and atmospheric and mirrors very well the sense of a good live traditional Irish music session.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Karl Henning

Yes, Fragile. Haven't listened to this in an age.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Papy Oli

Quote from: aligreto on July 19, 2021, 04:49:18 AM
The Chieftains: Live

If you decide to get only one Chieftains album for your collection then this is the one to get. It is lively, raucous and atmospheric and mirrors very well the sense of a good live traditional Irish music session.

hmm...I should revisit some of the Irish albums I sampled and bookmarked last year. Don't remember which Chieftains I tried back then.

More importantly, is this one in their Baroque phase and which Organ do they use ?  :P  :laugh:
Olivier

aligreto

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 20, 2021, 01:16:42 PM

More importantly, is this one in their Baroque phase and which Organ do they use ?  :P  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Carlo Gesualdo

Sorry for posting bad vibes, I erased it, was overwhelmed by all the negativity happening to me all togheter at once, crap happen to me over and over this month I could not deal whit it.

How about easy listening, Talk Talk I beleive in you

R.I.P Marc Hollis a wonderfull soul, he deserve flower on his burried place and  good words we miss you Marc we will never forget you

Papy Oli

Oh man, no...  not Dusty Hill  :(  :(

I'll dig up the air bass and the air guitar tomorrow and cherish ZZ Top's music even more than I already do  8)

RIP you bearded cool dude.
Olivier

Iota

Quote from: deprofundis on July 23, 2021, 05:17:21 AM
R.I.P Marc Hollis a wonderfull soul, he deserve flower on his burried place and  good words we miss you Marc we will never forget you

(A big) +1

vers la flamme

Quote from: deprofundis on July 23, 2021, 05:17:21 AM
Sorry for posting bad vibes, I erased it, was overwhelmed by all the negativity happening to me all togheter at once, crap happen to me over and over this month I could not deal whit it.

How about easy listening, Talk Talk I beleive in you

Indeed. Rest in peace to Mark Hollis. What a brilliant musician. I love those last two Talk Talk albums so much.

George

Almost makes you glad you're depressed.

Alek Hidell

Quote from: George on July 29, 2021, 01:56:01 PM

Almost makes you glad you're depressed.

That's a good one for sure, one of his best. Have you heard Morning Phase? It's in the same vein and I enjoy it very much too.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

George

Quote from: Alek Hidell on July 29, 2021, 04:35:22 PM
That's a good one for sure, one of his best. Have you heard Morning Phase? It's in the same vein and I enjoy it very much too.

Yeah, that one is amazing too.

The new erato

Talk Talk has been a recent discovery of mine, and I like the last two albums a lot.

Last night this:

Such elegant and superb music in a superb version with one caveat; That Kim Criswell is too much of a screamer/belter.

SimonNZ

Alek Hidell

Quote from: SimonNZ on August 01, 2021, 03:36:31 PM

Julius Lester - Departures (1967)

Hm, interesting. Never heard of it (or Julius Lester for that matter). Judging by the fact that it's on Vanguard, and by his appearance, I'd guess it to be avant-garde jazz. What is it, Simon? and what's it like?
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara