Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicMan46

Tonight for dinner the 2nd CD from Frank's Capitol box set - just wonderful - my wife (a superb singer, herself) always thought FS was 'over-rated', but after many years, she has finally admitted that he is GREAT!  Hey, a victory after 37 years of marriage come July!  ;D

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: SonicMan on April 14, 2007, 06:49:38 PM
Tonight for dinner the 2nd CD from Frank's Capitol box set - just wonderful - my wife (a superb singer, herself) always thought FS was 'over-rated', but after many years, she has finally admitted that he is GREAT!  Hey, a victory after 37 years of marriage come July!  ;D

I've listened to Frank since I was a kid and he sure had a way with the lyric didn't he?
Congratulations on a happy marriage,we are 24 years together.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Lady Chatterley on April 14, 2007, 06:52:40 PM
I've listened to Frank since I was a kid and he sure had a way with the lyric didn't he?
Congratulations on a happy marriage,we are 24 years together.

Lady C - well, I guess that we're pretty happy together -  ;) :D  Congrats to you - nearly a quarter of a century - where does the time go?  :o  BTW - that Capitol set has 3-CDs, so one more to go for our next dinner - pleasant change from the classical listening!  Cheers - Dave  :)

George

Quote from: SonicMan on April 14, 2007, 06:49:38 PM

Congrats!

You got married the year I was born.  :)

SonicMan46

Quote from: George on April 14, 2007, 07:35:08 PM
Congrats!

You got married the year I was born.  :)

George - thanks - we have one son, born in '73 (will be 34 in August) - hey, I could have been your father!   ;) ;D  Dave

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: SonicMan on April 14, 2007, 07:47:10 PM
George - thanks - we have one son, born in '73 (will be 34 in August) - hey, I could have been your father!   ;) ;D  Dave
Dollars to doughnuts Dave, Bet you made a great dad!

Robert

Quote from: The Emperor on April 14, 2007, 02:30:10 PM
Genesis discography(the peter gabriel era of course)

Supper's Ready is such a masterpiece, genius really, it's like the rock symphony 8)

nursery crimes or foxtrot anyone......

Lady Chatterley

The Emperor

Quote from: Lady Chatterley on April 14, 2007, 07:58:54 PM
I don't dance.
i can't dance too  ;D

But foxtrot and nursery cryme...mmm tasty... no to mention selling england...and the lamb....
8)

Scriptavolant

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on April 12, 2007, 07:00:53 PM
Now playing:

Excellent Italian 70s soundtrack music.

Yes! I've got volumes 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 10 from that serie. Very pleasing. I'm an appraiser of almost the whole italian soundtrack production of the 60s and 70s (Riz Ortolani, Morricone, Piero Piccioni, Piero Umiliani, Trovajoli, and so on) and of those movies as well.

Recently I gave up almost entirely the listening of classical music, because of a lot of work to do and other stuff, so I'm falling back on the 60s soundtrack solution.

George

Quote from: The Emperor on April 14, 2007, 02:30:10 PM
Genesis discography(the peter gabriel era of course)

Supper's Ready is such a masterpiece, genius really, it's like the rock symphony 8)

Quote from: Robert on April 14, 2007, 07:57:46 PM
nursery crimes or foxtrot anyone......

Quote from: Lady Chatterley on April 14, 2007, 07:58:54 PM
I don't dance.

Am I the only one who sees the irony and humor in this sequence? 

;D ;D ;D

SimonGodders

I seem to have gone hardcore hip-hop again of late, East Coast naturally....

The Emperor

Quote from: George on April 15, 2007, 09:57:50 AM

Am I the only one who sees the irony and humor in this sequence? 

;D ;D ;D
George, i responded to him "I Can't Dance" too... that was the joke  ;) crappy album...errr

George

Quote from: The Emperor on April 15, 2007, 12:07:49 PM
George, i responded to him "I Can't Dance" too... that was the joke  ;) crappy album...errr

I think about 1/4 of the album is good, the rest is crappy, I agree.

Robert

Quote from: The Emperor on April 15, 2007, 12:07:49 PM
Now I understand how this one got by me.....

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Solitary Wanderer

Fantastic 70s instrumental, Italian library music with a cop-show vibe!
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Solitary Wanderer

71 dB

I bough few days ago a world music twofer (Narada world). Damn, it is one interesting set!

One group, Axiom of Choice blew me away. They are Iran artists who immigrated the United States combining Persian and western music in an innovative way.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"