Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alek Hidell

Quote from: San Antone on February 14, 2020, 09:12:46 AM

One of my all-time favorites right there. Astral Weeks was my favorite Van for a long time, but now I think I prefer this one.

TD:

I've been a Bruce fan for nearly 40 years, but it's been a long time since I actually listened to one of the older albums. I started listening to this one on the way home from a haircut tonight, and I'm enjoying it so much I might just go back and start with the second album (I'm not a huge fan of the debut) and go through several of 'em.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

aligreto

Some traditional Irish Music played by Frankie Gavin [fiddle] and Alec Finn [bouzouki]

George

Just take! These chains! From around my neck!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

aligreto

Quote from: George on February 15, 2020, 07:57:59 AM

Just take! These chains! From around my neck!

I hope that you are free now  8)

Fine album btw. I presume that you are very happy with the recording.

George

Quote from: aligreto on February 15, 2020, 08:04:09 AM
I hope that you are free now  8)

Fine album btw. I presume that you are very happy with the recording.

Yes, this album is quickly climbing up my list of favorite Elton albums, thanks to Blues For Baby and Me, Texan Love Song and Fly Highing Bird.

The sound of this CD is nice, too. while not perfect, it is the best I have heard on CD for this album.

aligreto

Cheers, I am glad that you are enjoying it.

George

SimonNZ

George

aligreto

George

Carlo Gesualdo

Art-rock extraordinary sensation, music that you heard and feel, a mixture of Pink Floyd, swans, Einstruzende Neubauten done in Euskadi, wow the Basque Country, between France & Spain eastern-south, The heart of basque country remain in Biarritz the great, I had Friends in (Spanish side of Basques) kingdom, what a force of nature they are, AKAUZAZTE: the album is called Azalberritan , my favorite songs is Irrika & Yonki, great art-rock, experimental intelligent rock. I have all there album Ur Gardenak (fresh water) and e.p X  there live, etc.Overall fine basques band. I was honor to send them letter correspond whit them. Hello Basque country and hello basque, bonjour les basques vous etes fascinants, je t'acherai de venir vous voir un de c'est jour.

Carlo Gesualdo

One of England greatest  Circular rock, stoner-rock sensation LOOP and there classic epic  album a Guild to eternity, tthat what I called one hell of a band, they lunch three album to my Knowledge, Fade Out (just as good), perhaps  the other album I like it less but than again it's LOOP Haeaven End , all do I like on this album Forever (song).

Have a nice day

Mirror Image

Fleetwood Mac: The Dance

Next up:

Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy

Mirror Image

A little change of plan...

I'm about to binge listen to some Leo Kottke starting with this album:

steve ridgway

Quote from: deprofundis on February 17, 2020, 06:08:42 AM
One of England greatest  Circular rock, stoner-rock sensation LOOP and there classic epic  album a Guild to eternity, tthat what I called one hell of a band, they lunch three album to my Knowledge, Fade Out (just as good), perhaps  the other album I like it less but than again it's LOOP Haeaven End , all do I like on this album Forever (song).

Have a nice day

I like the way they incorporated that fuzz/wah guitar sound of the first two Stooges albums into a much more hypnotic style.

Carlo Gesualdo

Well said steve ridgway, LOOP were a great band!!!

aligreto

aligreto

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 17, 2020, 07:02:16 PM
Fleetwood Mac: The Dance

Next up:

Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy

Two great albums there  8)