Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 02, 2020, 06:12:15 AM
I know  :-[ a trip down memory lane doesn't hurt every now and then ;D... Although, coming across videos of the yearly Festival de Cornouaille in Quimper made me pine for the large procession on the last Sunday with all the pipe bands (from Brittany towns, even boroughs, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Galicia, etc..) and the traditional costumes...Loved it when I attended a few.

here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/v/y2cASmitbIU

Cheers, Olivier. I enjoyed that. Great music and wonderfully colourful pageantry. Great also to see younger people involved; hopefully they will keep the traditions alive.

aligreto

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 02, 2020, 06:35:34 AM
I could only find this version. I'll check it later.

That is the orchestral ["Classical"] version with heartfelt narration. It is very good but may not appeal to everyone's taste. I love it, naturally.

Papy Oli

Quote from: aligreto on July 02, 2020, 06:36:04 AM
Cheers, Olivier. I enjoyed that. Great music and wonderfully colourful pageantry. Great also to see younger people involved; hopefully they will keep the traditions alive.

That was already the case nigh on 30 years when I was there...Lots of youngsters on drums and on the bombarde (shawm ?). Nice to see it is still the case.

Quote from: aligreto on July 02, 2020, 06:37:49 AM
That is the orchestral ["Classical"] version with heartfelt narration. It is very good but may not appeal to everyone's taste. I love it, naturally.

Excellent, will try and line it up tomorrow.

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 02, 2020, 05:45:41 AM
Papy,
Did you ever hear of a group named Kornog?
PD

Finished that Kornog live album PD, very good, enjoyed that. More to explore later. thank you for the heads-up.
Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Pleased to hear that you enjoyed it Olivier.

Aligreto,

I get shocked every time that I look in the mirror!   ???

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 02, 2020, 07:49:24 AM

Aligreto,

I get shocked every time that I look in the mirror!   ???

PD

PD, you have three choices as I see it:

1. Accept it and grow old gracefully. I hasten to add that, as I grow older, I find there is nothing at all graceful about growing old.

2. Turn your mirrors facing the wall. However, on the back, now facing out, you must write "I am not a vampire." This is purely for the benefit, by way of explanation, of visitors.

3. Insert a photo of your younger self over every mirror. This way you will always be happy and live in blissful ignorance.

I trust that you will find these respectful suggestions helpful as positive insights into your problem.  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on July 03, 2020, 12:49:45 AM
PD, you have three choices as I see it:

1. Accept it and grow old gracefully. I hasten to add that, as I grow older, I find there is nothing at all graceful about growing old.

2. Turn your mirrors facing the wall. However, on the back, now facing out, you must write "I am not a vampire." This is purely for the benefit, by way of explanation, of visitors.

3. Insert a photo of your younger self over every mirror. This way you will always be happy and live in blissful ignorance.

I trust that you will find these respectful suggestions helpful as positive insights into your problem.  ;D
1)  I am finding that I am not moving as gracefully as I used to do so.
2)  Now where's my Sharpie (for the bathroom mirror)?
3)  Take photos of various outfits that I own, cut them out including tabs and fold them around said y.s. photo (like I used to do with paper dolls).  Insert into mirror frame.

Bingo!  Problem solved...thanks Fergus!   ;)
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Incredible String Band: Liquid Acrobat as regards the air

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 03, 2020, 04:57:06 AM
1)  I am finding that I am not moving as gracefully as I used to do so.
2)  Now where's my Sharpie (for the bathroom mirror)?
3)  Take photos of various outfits that I own, cut them out including tabs and fold them around said y.s. photo (like I used to do with paper dolls).  Insert into mirror frame.

Bingo!  Problem solved...thanks Fergus!   ;)

We are here to help and aim to please  :)

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

Crossing The Red Sea With The Adverts.

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time.

Papy Oli

a chilled out start to the day :

Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier

Papy Oli

Reading the wiki page of Iron Maiden, it quotes one of their members mentioning Wishbone Ash's Argus as one of their main early influences. Heard of the band but not a note by them (i have a substantial blind spot in some chunks of the 70's music like prog rock, punk, "yacht" music, and others...  :-[)

Thought I'd remedy to that :

Olivier

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot