Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Quote from: steve ridgway on August 01, 2020, 09:27:46 AM
I thought I remembered a live one. Ah yes, it's on the 2 CD version of the Concerto For Group And Orchestra with Malcolm Arnold and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. I don't play that one so much.

That was interesting, thanks. I guess what I meant though was I'm surprised it didn't get developed over the years into a 20 or 30 minute workout the way some of their other songs did. I suspect it has something to do with changes in band members.

Papy Oli

Olivier

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Papy Oli

Olivier

SimonNZ

The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream and Hums Of The Lovin' Spoonful (both 1966)

George

Whatever's written in your heart, that's all that matters.

Carlo Gesualdo

MOLOCK on Bandcamp webpage on label noisy hell production, very nice it drone , it's rehash material , no publicity stunt here , either you like or you not, I'm a noisician, but there good and bad noise, musical noise or orchestrated noise is still semi musical, there is a pattern in harshness, not just a wall of sound of death.

It's black metal whiteout metal in it, see that It.

I enjoy the results so far there a track I cannot upload too long and cutting a track online complicated for a noobs to thecnology via web ..

aligreto

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on August 05, 2020, 07:31:18 AM
Paul Simon: Surprise

I don't know that one.  How did you like it?  Any favorite songs on it?   :)

Just played this one by Emmylou Harris:  what a treat!  A live album from her "Hot Band" days in honkytonks playing covers from Hank Snow, Conway Twitty to Neil Young to Gram Parsons and Chris Hillman to Bruce Springsteen and more!  And a few bonuses (B-sides) at the end.  Excellent!  The original release was in 1982; this is a 'new' CD release from 2000.

Pohjolas Daughter

Papy Oli

Nice one, my Dylan favourite album  8)
Olivier

Old San Antone

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 06, 2020, 07:04:06 AM
Nice one, my Dylan favourite album  8)

Yeah, there is a nice mix of the electric and acoustic stuff - and the songs are some of his best.

George

Quote from: Old San Antone on August 06, 2020, 07:11:38 AM
Yeah, there is a nice mix of the electric and acoustic stuff - and the songs are some of his best.

Indeed!

Undersea

Recent listening:

[asin]B007DKNEI0[/asin]

Listening to the album Tangram from the above box-set.
Been on a bit of a TD spree this week - purchased the Pink Years and Blue Years sets too as i just own the 2 Virgin Years sets from this group.

George

SimonNZ

Fats Domino - Rock and Rollin (1956)

Carlo Gesualdo

Because I am machine , man a machine ,, industrial muusic,, guitar laden , groovy at time  good olde Slab! album-descention, one landmine album that would be a band ppoost earrly middst of 80'' swans recycle into something more crazy, groovy art-school skronk, hail this album, this is ssuper fun. Hello United Kingdom.

8)

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 06, 2020, 05:19:59 AM

I don't know that one.  How did you like it?  Any favorite songs on it?   :)

I don't like it at all PD, I never have since I bought it. I have now listened to it a number of times over the years with about a year or so of a gap in between listens. It has not improved with age, either its or mine, so now it will finally be culled from my collection.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on August 07, 2020, 12:48:45 AM
I don't like it at all PD, I never have since I bought it. I have now listened to it a number of times over the years with about a year or so of a gap in between listens. It has not improved with age, either its or mine, so now it will finally be culled from my collection.
Good for you....time to let it go and find a new home.  You tried!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Old San Antone