Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

71 dB

Quote from: George on May 03, 2021, 11:25:48 AM

Portishead's incredible third album.

Portishead was a BIG name in the 90's, but I never understood the hype myself. I found the music listenable, but nothing remarkable.  :-\
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Papy Oli

Crosby & Nash - Another Stoney Evening

At the end of the first song:

Crosby: "It's the loosest show on earth" *giggles*
Nash: "David suffers from Lebanese flu"

:laugh:

Olivier

aligreto

The Troubadours Ned o' the hill

This is a collection of standard Irish ballads sung by a Birmingham based group in the 1970s. The instrumental playing is straightforward but clean and sympathetic to the music. Where these boys shone was in the vocals; both solo and harmony singing.

Carlo Gesualdo

Music of the great[asin] CELTIC FROST VANITY NEMESIS[/asin] .Yes Celtic Frost my favorite metal band whit godflesh, don't know why , whit Hell Hammer too, but depise don't like Cold Lake of Celtic Frost like major fan of the band. All there others releases or killer stuff  may I dare say cult avant-garde speed metal, sludge, doomy.  8)

aligreto

Yes: Tales from Topographic Oceans

Yes!  8)

aligreto

aligreto

Fatala:

This album extols the virtues of the music of Guinea through a rich tapestry of very engaging vocal and percussion performances. There are some very invigorating performances on this album. The album has a great presence.

aligreto

Mikis Theodorakis

Interestingly, my vinyl copy does not have any title unlike the one above. I wonder which market that one above is aimed at.

aligreto

George

aligreto

vers la flamme

Carlo Gesualdo

NEW ORDER good stuff but  I preffered Cabaret Voltaire  80'' music Piledriver. I want You , trouble eccetera from they made a great live at La Hacienda. anyway let, talk to what I am listening, shawl we.

SKULLFLOWER

[asin]SKULLFLOWER FORM DESTROYER[/asin] thee first album before there were an ale.p called :
[asin]SKULLBIRTH DEATH e.p[/asin] ,alsop will listen to this on and my favorite remain SKULLFLOWER XAMAN and equal whit SKULLFLOWER LAST SHOT AT HEAVEN or SKULLFLOWER THIRD GATEKEEPER heavy psychedelic rock very loud very noisy.

P.s today I hand Crafted a necklace whitetouet skill for jewelery a rare aventurine stone cost 100$ can bananas lol, the stone alone, a Groenlandite or Greenlandite very neat work my *ss to make it it was very hard but I succed.

George

aligreto

George

Quote from: aligreto on May 16, 2021, 08:53:47 AM
Dylan: Blood On The Tracks

Did you ever hear the New York Sessions or the Bootleg Series that included them?

Looks like someone uploaded it, in case you are curious: https://soundcloud.com/thegaming-rook/bob-dylan-new-york-sessions-blood-on-the-tracks

Some of the tracks are the same as the original release, but these are different: Tangled Up, You're a Big Girl, Idiot Wind, Lily and If You See Her.

aligreto

Quote from: George on May 16, 2021, 09:08:23 AM

Did you ever hear the New York Sessions or the Bootleg Series that included them?

Looks like someone uploaded it, in case you are curious: https://soundcloud.com/thegaming-rook/bob-dylan-new-york-sessions-blood-on-the-tracks

Some of the tracks are the same as the original release, but these are different: Tangled Up, You're a Big Girl, Idiot Wind, Lily and If You See Her.

No, I have not previously heard this but I have now listened to it and enjoyed it very much. The album has a completely different feel to it. It is very mellow. It is also very interesting. The only version that I did not particularly like was Lily. Thank you very much for posting that link.

vers la flamme

I love the Blood on the Tracks New York Sessions, and I was ecstatic when they decided to release the "More Blood More Tracks" Bootleg Series a couple years back, especially as it brought more attention to the absolutely incredible "Up to Me" (even Kanye West tweeted some lyrics from it! ;D). But I do ultimately think Bob was right to include the re-recorded tracks with his Minnesota session band on the completed album.

aligreto