Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 05, 2021, 04:43:44 AM
That's a nice album.   :)  Can't remember whether I have it on LP or on a CD...  :-\

PD

Excellent, PD. I did not think that anybody would even recognise it  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on September 05, 2021, 04:49:00 AM
Excellent, PD. I did not think that anybody would even recognise it  ;D
I did some digging (out of curiosity); I have the Tara CD.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 05, 2021, 05:16:43 AM
I did some digging (out of curiosity); I have the Tara CD.  :)

PD

Sometimes you just have to know  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on September 05, 2021, 06:30:50 AM
Sometimes you just have to know  ;D
:laugh:  Too true!  When that little worm starts working its way through your brain, and it won't go away....

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Carlo Gesualdo

Goodnight dear kind friends, op, veterans, followers wanderers, dreamers, humanist, cool people!!!

I've Ye thee profundis , received an interresting album, a holy grail of quintessence & legendary proportion only 500 of them come out, extremely limited edition, quality recording sound's huge on cassette now I imagine now, have the  the original LP on Nux Organization of: ZENI GEVA/ LEWD.

ZENI GEVA is basically in this era  Psychedelic Sludge/noise from Japan they are at there peak of early year, this live the sound rich, sometime it remind ya too of Black Sabbath musically early  70 stuff that was doom but on magic Mushrooms very nice heavy psychedelic sludge band stuff of legend cult band, many album my favorite his the early years.

LEWD is like a slow-grinding super heavy Swans band Sludge/noise from the Nederlans we all love the netherlands, well you love this band also kind of Zeni Geva, and to a degree bludgeon there instrument like : OF CABBAGES & KINGS.

The LP was expensive but was it worth it sure it's mint it rare in pressing  perfect condition, wow

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

foxandpeng

Iron Maiden
Senjutsu

Fair play. Decent album. More of the same, but hardly a bad thing 🤘
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

George

SimonNZ

Yesterday:

now:

Bob Dylan - Self Portrait (1970)

aligreto

Kevin Conneff: The Week before Easter

Conneff would be known as the bodhrán player with the internationally renowned Irish traditional music ensemble The Chieftains. He is also known as a traditional Irish folk singer. It is in this latter role that we hear him on this album, accompanied by various traditional Irish musicians. And, as we say here, very pleasant it is too!

Mirror Image

Now listening to the new 2021 stereo remix of Marillion's Fugazi:

It sounds bloody marvelous! Wow...now this is how the album should sound!

Pohjolas Daughter

Kate Bush's "Love and Anger" alternate version on CD.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Cat Stevens: New Masters

These are the first portentous offerings from an artist that, in my opinion, turned out to be a popular musical genius. There were very many precocious presentations to that claim exhibited on this album.

George

steve ridgway

I haven't been listening to CM recently; since my wife persuaded me to put my CD collection up for sale the urge has somehow declined. :( I've mainly been enjoying Ambient music, either on the web radio or from archive.org, I'm finding it very soothing.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: steve ridgway on September 23, 2021, 05:54:10 AM
I haven't been listening to CM recently; since my wife persuaded me to put my CD collection up for sale the urge has somehow declined. :( I've mainly been enjoying Ambient music, either on the web radio or from archive.org, I'm finding it very soothing.
Oh, no (re your collection)!  Did you find that you were mostly streaming the music (I forget here who the big streamers are)?

In any event, yes, it's important to listen to that which will make you happy and help soothe frazzled nerves in these days and times.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 23, 2021, 07:35:23 AM
Oh, no (re your collection)!  Did you find that you were mostly streaming the music (I forget here who the big streamers are)?

In any event, yes, it's important to listen to that which will make you happy and help soothe frazzled nerves in these days and times.

PD

I haven't put an actual CD in a player for years. My wife wants me to "declutter" before I'm dead and it all goes in the proverbial skip although I'm thinking more that young people will start with streaming and never buy a personal copy of anything at all.

Today's listening - Infinite Space by The Ambient Collective. Exactly what you'd expect it to sound like. :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: steve ridgway on September 24, 2021, 03:18:22 AM
I haven't put an actual CD in a player for years. My wife wants me to "declutter" before I'm dead and it all goes in the proverbial skip although I'm thinking more that young people will start with streaming and never buy a personal copy of anything at all.

Today's listening - Infinite Space by The Ambient Collective. Exactly what you'd expect it to sound like. :)

Did you rip all of your CDs to a hard drive(s?) and are listening through headphones or a music streamer?

Interesting how young ones are collecting LP though!  And not just young ones. lol  :)

And if you're really not listening to them, you could always try listing them on eBay or Amazon.  Question though:  Is there a "Why?" that could be answered and identified before getting rid of your collection?  For example, if it's a case of "They're hard to get at"  maybe you could figure out some new shelving or storage solution (possibly with professional help)?  Or maybe a case of making your listening area more comfortable/conducive?  Or maybe changing things around to more of a Sonos system?  Just some thoughts.  :)

Good luck!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

includes a really superb Sad Eyed Lady Of The Low Lands by Weyes Blood

SimonNZ

...and listening to sample tracks from the latestBob Dylan Boitleg Series which covers outtakes from the Infedels and Empire Burlssque sessions.