Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

George

Listening to the excellent SACD remaster of this by Kevin Gray.

SimonNZ

aligreto

Chris Thile: Bass & Mandolin [With Edgar Meyer]

Terrific virtuoso playing from two very talented and committed musicians who work well together.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on March 20, 2023, 01:34:41 PMChris Thile: Bass & Mandolin [With Edgar Meyer]

Terrific virtuoso playing from two very talented and committed musicians who work well together.

I haven't heard that particular CD, but I do enjoy both of their recordings (have some Nickel Creek, and various recordings with Edgar Meyer).  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 20, 2023, 02:36:10 PMI haven't heard that particular CD, but I do enjoy both of their recordings (have some Nickel Creek, and various recordings with Edgar Meyer).  :)

PD

Bass & Mandolin is worth a listen, PD.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on March 21, 2023, 02:58:31 AMBass & Mandolin is worth a listen, PD.
I'll keep an eye out for it.  8)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Todd

Ms Grant's latest.  A mammoth, sixteen track, nearly eighty-minute slow burn of an album.  She teams up with Jack Antanoff again to great effect, and she has multiple guest artists, including the fantastic Father John Misty, though he's all about support here.  This is not as good as the phenomenal Norman Fucking Rockwell!, but it may be her second best effort.  Or maybe her third; I do adore Paradise.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

aligreto

Rice & Webber: Jesus Christ Superstar

One of the great things about the 1970s for me was the concept of the Rock Opera. This was one of the better ones.

KevinP

George

Undersea

Recently:

U2 - Songs of Surrender

Been listening to the above set this weekend - Enjoying it a lot more than I expected to... :)
I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

- Ringo Starr

Karl Henning

I've always really dug Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." One of the greatest grooves in the world ... and then he goes on about a vegetable ... am I the only human to fail to understand this in the least?...
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

George

Quote from: Karl Henning on March 27, 2023, 07:26:46 PMI've always really dug Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." One of the greatest grooves in the world ... and then he goes on about a vegetable ... am I the only human to fail to understand this in the least?...

For years I thought one of the phrases in that song was "you disgusting meatball."

milk