Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Solitary Wanderer

Bogey

Quote from: Endymion on April 17, 2007, 04:42:10 AM

Do not have this one (will sample pronto)....but now I could use a bit of jazz....rainy day here in Colorado, so, you know what I spin in this kind of weather Allan:

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

toledobass

Another classic.  I remember hearing an interview with Trane that was recorded around the time he was recording A Love Supreme.  He mentioned Blue Train as his favorite album.

Allan

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on April 17, 2007, 04:57:00 AM
Another classic.  I remember hearing an interview with Trane that was recorded around the time he was recording A Love Supreme.  He mentioned Blue Train as his favorite album.

Allan

Thanks for that info.  I will listen a bit more carefully to it this morning.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Lady Chatterley

71 dB

Standfast - Beneath & Beyond

Swedish pop music at it's best. Narcotic as hell. I am listening to this CD the third time today!
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Robert

Quote from: Bill on April 17, 2007, 04:52:01 AM
Do not have this one (will sample pronto)....but now I could use a bit of jazz....rainy day here in Colorado, so, you know what I spin in this kind of weather Allan:

Hi Bill
Rainy day, must be warming up....how about GENTLE SIDE OF COLTRANE OR BALLADS OR SOMETHING WITH JOHNNY HARTMAN...perfect for rainy days....or Cannonballs Bossa Nova.....or....don't get me started.....

Bogey

Quote from: Robert on April 17, 2007, 10:43:04 AM
Hi Bill
Rainy day, must be warming up....how about GENTLE SIDE OF COLTRANE OR BALLADS OR SOMETHING WITH JOHNNY HARTMAN...perfect for rainy days....or Cannonballs Bossa Nova.....or....don't get me started.....

Too late! :D

SonicMan46

Quote from: Bill on April 17, 2007, 04:52:01 AM

Bill -have both of these CDs - can't go wrong!  Love Adderley - need to start looking more into my jazz collection (has been neglected recently!) -  :D  Dave

Solitary Wanderer

This is a weaker effort being built around the hit title song at the time.

And this album is one of his best Reprise titles.

Robert

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on April 17, 2007, 05:16:33 PM
This is a weaker effort being built around the hit title song at the time.

And this album is one of his best Reprise titles.

That Jobim is classic, not a bad cut .......

bhodges

Tonight: poetry!  Emily XYZ (website here) writes pieces that she reads aloud, usually with a colleague, Myers Bartlett, in intricately arranged choral readings (e.g., sometimes they alternate words, read in unison, finish each other's sentences, etc.).  The poems are often hilarious. 

Here's a link to a page on Salon with an MP3 file of Emily and Myers performing their big hit, Sinatra Walks Out(Scroll down)

Sinatra Walks Out

--Bruce

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: Scriptavolant on April 18, 2007, 06:48:47 PM

The RTF was one of my fave albums in '92. Love the cover image. Haven't heard it in years.

KS is excellent with Mirage being my fave.