"Green Mountains" by Andrew Ambient Soft Ambient Music #1

Started by Andrew Ambient, June 10, 2017, 09:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Ambient

As I've said in the "Presentation" section I've composed that soft ambient music titled "Green Mountains" with easy harmonic progressions and associated the photo (shot by me) of green mountains in order to show you the immensity of the nature, the infinite. This is my first ambient project album in which I associate images and music. That song also reminds me the Dark Knight Rises's ending scene because is relaxing but a little bit melanchonic.

Listen it and tell me which images represent in your mind and which feelings do you feel. Thanks. Andrew. Good Listening! :D

---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1V5BsdPltw <---

Henk

Kjelle

Very pleasant and enjoyable.
I feel a distant and strange place when I hear the music, not really nature which usually is part of and close to me.
Good work.

Monsieur Croche

The basic elements of ambient are there, a near drone, slow shifts (not modulations) of harmony....

I suggest you slow it down by a good 20 to 30 %!

The reason is that for ambient, your harmonic shifts happen, imo, at too rapid a rate of change, giving the listener a feeling of activity and change rather the opposite of what you want 'ambient' to be and do.

Since it is all electronic, a click or two to adjust that tempo is simply done to make a slower -- and more expansive sounding -- version.  I strongly recommend trying it.

Best regards.
~ I'm all for personal expression; it just has to express something to me. ~