Warsaw Autumn 2007 and 2008 and 2009 and 2010

Started by Maciek, August 17, 2007, 03:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valentino

Do you know if any concerts will be broadcasted on web radio, Maciek?
We audiophiles don't really like music, but we sure love the sound it makes;
Audio-Technica | Bokrand | Thorens | Cambridge Audio | Logitech | Yamaha | Topping | MiniDSP | Hypex | ICEpower | Mundorf | SEAS | Beyma

Maciek

Most of them should be broadcast by the Polish Radio 2, either directly (live) or at some later date. But the PR2 program for late September is not available yet, so I can't check. I'll let you know through here when I found out.

I should warn you, though, that the quality of sound in the Polish Radio webcast was very poor the last time I used it (about half a year ago). I can't check how it is right now - it doesn't want to start for some reason (maybe it will work for you, here's the link). They used to have excellent quality when they shared a server with the Polish TV. But at some point they started hosting the live stream themselves and it became terrible.

some guy

Get to Azguime's Salt Itinerary if you can. I'd change my travel plans just to go see that again, if I could. (He did that at the Bourges festival a couple of years ago. It was the best show of the festival.) I guess I'll just settle for the DVD. :(

It's good that they're doing more electroacoustic. Maybe after sixty years of electronics, those musics can be heard alongside of instrumental musics as equals. And maybe if more festivals do that, people will be able to hear and enjoy for themselves!

In the words of one of my musician friends, "Electricity is our friend."

Maciek

Sorry, promised to keep you informed about the broadcasts but forgot. :-[ There was one today, from the first concert. The sound was good, none of the distortion that had become common after the server change. They might have solved their problem (whatever it was). There'll be another broadcast tomorrow, starting at 19:20 CEST/UTC+2 (though I'm not sure what time the actual concert starts).

Also, you can download the program in a neat, easy-to-read pdf file (in Polish, but that shouldn't be much of a problem) from the PolMIC site here (just checked that the concert just mentioned starts at 19:30).

Maciek

OK, I guess nobody cares. ;D (There was a really interesting broadcast yesterday though, with the world premiere of Norgard's new Cello Concerto.)

Another interesting broadcast coming up: tonight. 19:30 CEST/UTC+2 (that's roughly five hours from now - you can use the time of my post to check when that is for you). Karlheinz Stockhausen Glanz, 10th Hour from KLANG, Orchester-Finbalisten from Licht (Asko/Schoenberg Ensemble)

Cato

Quote from: Maciek on September 22, 2009, 04:26:57 AM
OK, I guess nobody cares. ;D (There was a really interesting broadcast yesterday though, with the world premiere of Norgard's new Cello Concerto.)

Another interesting broadcast coming up: tonight. 19:30 CEST/UTC+2 (that's roughly five hours from now - you can use the time of my post to check when that is for you). Karlheinz Stockhausen Glanz, 10th Hour from KLANG, Orchester-Finbalisten from Licht (Asko/Schoenberg Ensemble)

Why will they be playing the 10th Hour of Klang at 19:30???   8)

That would seem to violate some universal law of synchronicity or circumconchronicity or hyperchromoasymptotemporality!!!   $:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Maciek

Artistic provocation? I guess they're being subversive... ;D

Maciek

Opening night tonight.

The Polish Radio (ch. 2) will be broadcasting the first concert at 19.30 (GMT+2, I think*).

Tune in here. (Select "DWOJKA".)

Program:
Louis Andriessen Haags Hakkûh (Polish premiere)
Tomasz Sikorski Omaggio (in memoriam Jorge Luis Borges)
Zygmunt Krauze Listy (Letters) (world premiere, WA commission)
Ondřej Adámek Dusty Rusty Hush (Polish premiere)

[* - if you want to double-check: should be four hours from when I post this]