"The Magic White And Pink Rose"

Started by Andrew Ambient, September 14, 2017, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Ambient

Hi to everyone! I'm back with a new piano & strings composition! The title is "the magic white and pink rose". I accept productive comments on my composition. I hope you like it.

---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1AHzyVJzpQ <---

Monsieur Croche

My only comment, not on the music, is that I despair about and near to despise these sorts of labeling, the doing of which you are not at alone....

"Uplifting Classical Inspiring Piano And Strings / Emotional Inspiring Piano & Strings"

I urge you to give your listeners a break, and the freedom of their own imagination and reaction, in listening to your music and what they find in it.

Describing the track, as you have above, is tantamount to telling the listener how to react to the piece.   In so doing, you will never get from listeners any of their personal, direct and honest reactions re: how your music does affect them.

If you want to find out what the genuine audience reaction to any of your music is, you will refrain from telling them if it is happy, sad, etc. and bite the bullet and wait to hear from them.

Otherwise, they are reacting to your willful programmed description of the music, and thereby, at the least, kidding yourself as to the effect of your music on others.

"The Magic White and Pink Rose" is already more than adequate. 

I understand that genre labels on youtube are necessary and helpful, while I hear zip-nada that makes this track "Classical."  (For some really odd reason, it seems some composers think if they label their music classical that
1.) It will magically become 'classical.'
2.) It will automatically gain some sort of prestige over being some other genre. (To that, Duke Ellington said, "There are two kinds of music, good music, and the other kind.")

This track is, categorically, generally contemporary pop, and I suppose 'ambient' is somewhat accurate.  To call it classical is both inaccurate and at least a titch pretentious.  It takes much more than a wish or self-conceit to qualify a piece as classical than what your music, so far, is.

Keep it up.  Just stop telling the folks what to think before they even hear what you've made ;-)

Best regards.
~ I'm all for personal expression; it just has to express something to me. ~

Andrew Ambient

I've realized what you have said but, if every young musician (like me) should follow your rules, he won't never appear in the YouTube search results because there are many videos on this platform. If I labeled with "happy pop music" that track, for example, my video won't never appear in the first page search results, therefore, I labeled with "emotional" and "inspiring" because S.E.O. in order to appear in the first page search results. Accept your constructive comment and I will improve then.

Have a nice day!
Andrew