Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ken B

ritter

The "likelihood" that his family knew that of Felix Mendelssohn immediately made me think of Giacomo Meyerbeer (né Yaakov Liebmann Beer) and, yes, the picture is of a young Meyerbeer...  :)

So, unless I am mistaken, I will post a picture now (pending Ken B's confirmation, but I have a busy afternoon ahead of me):

Hint: No, the picture was not taken in Madras...

listener

... who had a magnificent ass.  (someone else)

I thought the big hint had been edited out but it and the age (51) remain.   A deletion and repost could solve that.   Under the cirumstances I won't reveal.   I have one work by the composer on record with Janet Baker singing.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

listener

Quote from: ritter on December 20, 2017, 02:00:51 AM
The "likelihood" that his family knew that of Felix Mendelssohn immediately made me think of Giacomo Meyerbeer (né Yaakov Liebmann Beer) and, yes, the picture is of a young Meyerbeer...  :)

So, unless I am mistaken, I will post a picture now (pending Ken B's confirmation, but I have a busy afternoon ahead of me):

Hint: No, the picture was not taken in Madras...

Maurice Delage, taken in 1930     
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."