Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spineur

He appeared briefly as a bar piano player in the movie ¡Vámonos con Pancho Villa!

Spineur

Quote from: Spineur on October 14, 2017, 11:18:48 AM
He appeared briefly as a bar piano player in the movie ¡Vámonos con Pancho Villa!
and when the shooting begins he holds up a sign reading "Please don't shoot at the piano player"

A phrase which served later as the title of Truffaut film.

ritter

Quote from: André on October 14, 2017, 11:10:30 AM
Can you identify this good looking dude ?

Hint: he didn't keep his good looks very long and died at a young age.
Isn't that García Lorca ? He did arrange some folk music, but calling him a composer is a bit far-fetched perhaps.  :)

Turner

Quote from: ritter on October 14, 2017, 11:34:34 AM
Isn't that García Lorca ? He did arrange some folk music, but calling him a composer is a bit far-fetched perhaps.  :)

Well done, didn´t occur to me.

André

No, he's a full-fledged composer and Spineur got him ! I had to check as I wasn't aware of that bit of casting.

Come on, Spineur: say the name !

ritter

Mmmm...there's something fishy going on here...this is definitely  Federico García Lorca...it's actually one of his most well-known portraits... ::)

Spineur

Lets keep the game going for a little longer.  Mirror Image is his biggest admirer here, but not to the point of making him his avatar.

André

Quote from: ritter on October 14, 2017, 11:41:36 AM
Mmmm...there's something fishy going on here...this is definitely  Federico García Lorca...it's actually one of his most well-known portraits... ::)

I don't know about that. I picked the image in a gallery with the mystery composer's name, and it had his name (not Garcia Lorca's) underneath, with a link to an article about the composer... Google mix up, maybe ?

ritter

Quote from: André on October 14, 2017, 11:44:12 AM
I don't know about that. I picked the image in a gallery with the mystery composer's name, and it had his name (not Garcia Lorca's) underneath, with a ling to an article about the composer... Google mix up, maybe ?
Possibly....but be that as it may, that's Lorca...   ;D

André

Double check: you appear to be right, and so am I.

André

Definitely a google mistake, then, sorry for the confusion. OK, let's end it here: we're looking for Silvestre Revueltas, and Spineur got the movie bit right, so I guess we'll call that one pat !

Spineur

Quote from: André on October 14, 2017, 11:48:30 AM
Definitely a google mistake, then, sorry for the confusion. OK, let's end it here: we're looking for Silvestre Revueltas, and Spineur got the movie bit right, so I guess we'll call that one pat !
Lets at least give his most famous picture

He was a concert violinist before starting his composition carrier.  He also composed a few film score among which the Pancho Villa, where he plays as an actor.

ritter

Quote from: Spineur on October 14, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
Lets at least give his most famous picture

He was a concert violinist before starting his composition carrier.  He also composed a few film score among which the Pancho Villa, where he plays as an actor.
Interesting composer...but he looks nothing like Lorca's picture... :D

Turner

Maybe André should present a new composer?

ritter

André

Well, I did notice he looked different from the other pics in the gallery, but I thought that was before he grew a mustache and put on weight  :laugh:. But seriously, if you google Revueltas and go to images, this pic is right there. And when you click on the link below, it brings you straight to a Revueltas biography. Oh, well... :-[

I'll let Spineur and Ritter toss and decide !

Turner

This could drag out ... here´s a new one which you may not know, but you´ll probably remember his looks from now, for the rest of your life.

He´s from somewhere in Central Europe. And there´s only one of him.

ritter

Quote from: Turner on October 14, 2017, 12:10:53 PM
This could drag out ... here´s a new one which you may not know, but you´ll probably remember his looks from now, for the rest of your life.

He´s from somewhere in Central Europe. And there´s only one of him.
Friedrich Cerha having a bad hair day?   ;D

Turner

Quote from: ritter on October 14, 2017, 12:18:13 PM
Friedrich Cerha having a bad hair day?   ;D

Good suggestion, but no. He has written a work supposedly including a bathtub.

André