Identify that composer's PICTURE game!

Started by Rhymenoceros, October 09, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turner

Spineur

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 23, 2017, 11:06:17 AM
Here's a hint: Apparently, he wasn't well liked by Hitler's regime.
Viktor Ullmann.  The clue did it.  I was looking for a french or belgian composer because of the beret.  But in those days everybody wore a beret or a fedora !

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 23, 2017, 11:03:53 AM
My point was the link to the picture contained the name of the composer and anyone that quoted your post can clearly see who the composer is by the link. Anyway, if it doesn't matter then don't accuse me of cheating and move on! >:(

I just did. Do the same and let's still be friends.  :)
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mirror Image

Ullmann it is! Turner got there before Spineur, so it's Turner's turn (no pun intended).

Turner

Thanks  :)

Not very easy.

The interior picture might give a hint of the geographical area and maybe religious/folkish undercurrents, the style of the landscape painting can make you think of the nation.
A composer that is, I think, mainly known for a beautiful concertante work, that was released by Chandos. But not much recorded.

I´ll be off for a few hours or won´t be able to post. If somebody gets the right result, just continue, if you want to. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Turner on October 23, 2017, 11:18:24 AM
Thanks  :)

Not very easy.

The interior picture might give a hint of the geographical area and maybe religious/folkish undercurrents, the style of the landscape painting can make you think of the nation.
A composer that is, I think, mainly known for a beautiful concertante work, that was released by Chandos. But not much recorded.

I´ll be off for a few hours or won´t be able to post. If somebody gets the right result, just continue, if you want to. :)

Ljubica Marić...next! ;)

Christo

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 23, 2017, 11:39:48 AM
Ljubica Marić...next! ;)
In the 1990s, with refugees from Former Yugoslavia arriving in large numbers, friends brought me these CDs with her music - or better: a twofer from Serbia and the recordings that were used by the Dutch label Emergo:

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Turner

Quote from: Christo on October 23, 2017, 12:04:26 PM
In the 1990s, with refugees from Former Yugoslavia arriving in large numbers, friends brought me these CDs with her music - or better: a twofer from Serbia and the recordings that were used by the Dutch label Emergo:

Interesting. There were really many LP recordings of contemporary composers in the former Yugoslavia, but I haven´t seen Maric ones.
The hints were of course related to 1) naivist painting, like the Ivan Generalic school 2) her Byzantine Concerto for piano & orchestra. 

Mirror Image

Quote from: Christo on October 23, 2017, 12:04:26 PM

Cool, I can't say I know this composer's music at all. I just remember running across that Chandos recording of hers (one of their 'Historical' recordings) and wondering "Who is that?"

Mirror Image

I suppose it's my turn again...who is this composer?

Florestan

Florestan

Florestan

I'll be offline for a couple of hours. If anyone guesses him, go ahead with the game.

Mirror Image

Oh man, Andrei. Could you give us a hint?

Florestan

Tam pro papa quam pro rege
bibunt omnes sine lege.

There, I basically give him away for free.  :)

Turner

-> sound medieval, maybe Carmina Burana Collection -> Orff? -> yes  :)

Turner

Quote from: Turner on October 24, 2017, 05:42:06 AM
-> sounds medieval, maybe Carmina Burana Collection -> Orff? -> yes  :)

Edit: edit due to typo errors resulted in quoting my own post, but I was first !

ritter

Quote from: Florestan on October 24, 2017, 05:40:35 AM
Tam pro papa quam pro rege
bibunt omnes sine lege.

There, I basically give him away for free.  :)
In trutina mentis dubia...

Dulcissime, totam tibi subdo me...

Tempus est iocundum...

Carl Orff!

EDIT: Damn, one minute too slow... >:( ;D

Florestan